Frozen Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairbanksBrewinNoob

Reaction score
So we haven't been using our bar for a few days while i was tracking down a co2 leak. Get things hooked back up and go to pull a beer to see if the kegs kept pressure, and I find out that while we were ignoring it, the temp in our fridge got too cold, and not i have two frozen kegs, one of American wheat, and one of apfelwein. I'm assuming this is no big deal, and i can just thaw them at room temperature for a day or so and they should be good to go? Anything i need to look out for when they thaw?

Thats the truth! Our club prez had 10 kegs rupture last year due to freezing. It has to be hard and fast for the most part though. Right now I have an IPA sitting outside using natures cold chest. thats 40.018 -83.010 for those of you that need a drink!

Other than the risk of freezing, they should be fine. you can either have distilled booze or wait till they thaw

Back