Cleaning fermentor & bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kschadt06

Reaction score
Ok so I bottled my first batch of brew and now I have the task of cleaning, buckets, tubes & siphoner. What should I use to clean these items? Do I use soap? Any suggestions on cleaning siphoning tubes as well?

Soak in Oxyclean Free, give it a good rinse. Then just some Starsan before the next use.

I always rinse and clean as soon as I am done before anything has time to harden. It is much easier that way.

I only rinse and soak my tubing in baking soda maybe a bitof natural fragrance free dish soap.But that is if i immediatly flush my stuff in hot waterafter using then soak. Like a blow off tube thats different -some pbw will get the crustys off that rinsing/soaking wouldnt otherwise

no name oxy clean from wally world. Soak everything in hot water with oxy clean for about an hour, rinse, store it away. A carboy brush also helps to get the crap of the curve of the carboy fermenter. If using a plastic bucket, just use a soft sponge to get crap off walls of bucket.

I use Oxyclean on anything that isn't metal. If it leaves behind residue, vinegar will clean it up, and warm water will wash away the vinegar. Use sanitizer the next time you brew. Basically your goal is to effectively clean everything with a solution that won't leave smells or residue behind, then sanitize before reusing.

Latest posts

Back