Adding a gas-in post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I would go about adding a gas in post to the top of this 2 gallon mini keg? I assume the thing on the lid is supposed to be where the gas connects, but I was hoping to make it more like a traditional corny, w/ 2 posts and a pressure relief valve. The PRV I have figured out, just not the gas-in post.
EDIT: I want to put it about where the red "X" is in the photo.
2galcorny.jpg

Actually, I meant adding a post in a similar spot as the liquid post, not really on top, like where the other fitting is. Meaning that I would have to drill through the keg. Is there anything out there for that type of application? I changed the original picture to reflect where I want the gas-in post to go.

There really isn't a readily available product for that. Why wouldn't you just add it to the lid? If you're concerned about pressure relief, add a relief valve in the line.

I think I misspoke(mistyped?) when I said PRV. What I meant to say was a relief valve to bleed off the air when first hooking it up to force carb, so that only CO2 remained.
What I thought about was taking off the current fitting, screwing in a stainless ball valve, then attaching a hose barb to that. Gimme a sec, I think I have all that stuff, I'll get a picture up.

Had an extra set from my CO2 manifold I threw together. This is what I was thinking.
PIC_1416.JPG

Then I could just hook up the CO2 line to the barb. To bleed the air out, I guess I'd just shut off the gas, disconnect the hose, and open the valve. A little bit of work, but how often do I really need to bleed the air, ya know?

As far as I know the gas in mini dip tube isn't necessary, buy a gas in post and have someone TIG it to the RED X with the appropriate size hole beneath?

Looks like a winner to me, ADH. You could always add a tee and another valve for bleeding (sorry if that didn't make sense in my post above).

Cool, thanks Yuri. I guess I was hoping for too much trying to make it like a traditional corny. I like the TEE with bleeder valve idea. I think that'll do nicely.

Back