temp. controller ????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fshnne1

Reaction score
I Just received two freezer displays from a Holiday gas station they are about 6 foot tall glass front, and will each hold three kegs and have room on the top for wire shelves, I have been kegging for many years, do not have a question on that, or how to.....;)

My question: I am looking at the Brewer's Edge Digital Temperature Controller II can I use a multi plug and use one controller on two freezers?

I'd say it's risky to assume the temp in both is the same...since you'll only have one probe, you'll be trusting the one fridge to be equally as cold as the other. It's probably worth the extra $60 for a separate controller.

Also those controllers are way overpriced. Check out a digital Ranco or Johnson controls.

I Just received two freezer displays from a Holiday gas station they are about 6 foot tall glass front, and will each hold three kegs and have room on the top for wire shelves, I have been kegging for many years, do not have a question on that, or how to.....;)

My question: I am looking at the Brewer's Edge Digital Temperature Controller II can I use a multi plug and use one controller on two freezers?

BEWARE THE BREWERS EDGE CONTROLLER!!!

This is no Ranco or JC A419!! I have a good friend that purchased one only to find out it is only rated to switch 10A. It is built by Johnson Controls, but the wiring is not as heavy duty... just so you know.

Any other ideas of a good controller that could do this? I do not want to wire anything, just plug and play

Check the Amperage needed on each unit. I bet that you will find that a Ranco for each will be best. Easy to wire, just buy a short extension cord (10 foot or so, 14 gage copper wire.) Cut in half and follow the diagram with the Ranco. I just did another one. No more than 20 minutes ago. $60.00 each Ebay.

the only thing I could find in each freezer is voltage 115 and 60hertz

If you google it, you can find average watt needs for freezers and fridges.

FWIW, I just bought a Johnson Controls controller yesterday and I would swear it said 15A. I'll verify when I get home but I'm pretty sure.

lol @ me spending more on the controller than the chest freezer.;)

FWIW, I just bought a Johnson Controls controller yesterday and I would swear it said 15A. I'll verify when I get home but I'm pretty sure.

lol @ me spending more on the controller than the chest freezer.;)

The Johnson Controls IS 15A... the Brewers Edge (made by JC) is cheaper and has less robust wiring... so it is rated at 10A only.

Back