Help! I did something stupid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dscrimager

Reaction score
Not that it's the first time.

I was pushing down on the lid of my fermentor (don't ask me why) and I ended up back siphoning a bit of PBW sanitizer solution that was in my airlock into the fermenting wort. Is it ruined and have I now poisoned my beer?

I would imagine its about a tablespoon or so...

Arrgg!

Doug

PBW or Star-San; there is a difference... ?

Star San is ok... PBW; Dunno ?

Switch to Vodka and you will feel better next time it gets sucked in

Just switch to a blow off tube so next time your not posting. "My airlock blew off and the airlock has been off over night. Is my beer OK or infected? "

no,not with that little bit. But know this-PBW is a cleaner,not a sanitizer like starsan or idophor. I use cheap,grocery store vodka in my airlocks. Anything that does get through the little holes in the airlock cap die of alcohol poisoning. And if it gets sucked back,no worries.

I second the vodka. I used to worry about this and now if it squirts like a cows udder I don't give a sh*t. :D

Its a chocolate stout and the type I have been waiting to brew for a while... I am glad if I did not ruin it. Vodka from now on LOL!

KapBrew,.. It didn't blow off I actually was fiddling with it ....Dohhh

Thanks everyone!

On a better note I got a freezer this weekend for free so Keezer in the near future for me!

Doug

Hey,don't laught too much. I've had 2 beers,one German,& about 6 shots of vodka. To hell with the airlock for now,it's about done anyway. If you guys could see what I've been typing before I corrected it,you'd realize the smoker I drink,the player I get. :D

Hey,don't laught too much. I've had 2 beers,one German,& about 6 shots of vodka. To hell with the airlock for now,it's about done anyway. If you guys could see what I've been typing before I corrected it,you'd realize the smoker I drink,the player I get. :D

Well that's his fundemental problem... he drank all the airlock vodka.....

:mug: 'it happens!

Nah,man,it's only alcohol abuse if you spill it filling the airlock. But it's ok if you call it "for the dudes that ain't here". :D On a lighter note,airlock vodka...goood. ( best Frankenstein voice)

You guys really drink the airlock vodka?? Haha

Never occured to me and I'm not at all sure why.

I think this has to be a new poll on our site.

But it only works if you toast the beer gods when you fill the airlock & do the cheers thing! c'mon,we gotta rememeber protocaol here...a little decorum...:tank::D

It's becoming idelibly clear to me that someone hasn't been indulging the gods of brewing of late...shame on you!:D I just can't remember the roman/greek god of wine & such atm.

One big bottle of Vodka. A small amount for the airlock. Another brew and another BIG bottle of vodka, a small amount for the airlock... etc.

Absofreekinlutely! Hello... I smell that the pit bbq is done!...Time for somemore gulity pleasures. Lord,I love spring weather...!

I have to tell you now I am thinking about hopping a vodka and doing a mixer with it..........not sure what but it will come to me.

Back