CO2 regulator, picture...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMBrewer

Reaction score
Will this work for my Kegerator? I am about to win a 5lb co2 tank, will this work as the regulator? I'm almost sure it will but I thought I would post a picture.

It will work but the second gauge is virtually useless for kegerators. By the time it tells you that you are soon going to be out of CO2, it's virtually out of CO2. If you can find a single regulator for cheaper go with it. I didn't listen to my friend who is a plumber and I drop another $20 on something that has literally done me no good whatsoever!

:tank:

+1, the high pressure gauge is useless. I've gone through 2 that broke, and even when they weren't broken it didn't work too well.

??? My high pressure gage works just fine. Remember if they are kept cold they are not accurate.

Never had a problem with either of my high-pressure gages. Just having a low-pressure gage tells you absolutely nothing about how much CO2 is left, except for "none".

I completely disagree, A high pressure gauge is absolutely necessary!!!

Don't leave the tank and regulator in the fridge and it will be accurate. It is nice to know when you are about to scramble around to get you tank filled or exchanged. If you don't have a HPG I would recommend having a great backup plan for serving your beer. Remember the co2 will always run out at the worst time possible, when you have friends over.

Back