Brew Spread Sheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've just wrote a quick spread sheet to help with brew calculations

It works out sparge amounts etc.

It takes the actual compared to the theory and works out the data to upgrade your theory data.
Green is data you input
Yellow is calculated for you.

The idea is to copy to a new sheet for the next brew with the updated info. If I get chance I'll get it to work out the Potential Gravity and work out efficiency from actual gravity. I can play about with working out IBU and colour for recipe calculation.
I've done it for my metric brain it's easy to change to imperial or you if you want. (Edit: I've put som in to imperial and us as well)
Please feel free to have butchers, let me know if you spot any errors or update suggestions.

You're all welcome to use it.

http://www.ushould.co.uk/brew/brew.xls

That's nice orfy!

I use one similar--I'm still designing it though--right now mine will figure out ABV %, BU:GU ratio, if you input volume before and after the boil it will figure mash efficiency, I'm working on a formula for boil-off rate, and other little gems.
I don't know excel very well so I'm kind of struggling my way along with it though. :D

Back