My Goodwill score.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thrift stores are definitely a gold mine. These are a few of many I have picked up for less than a buck apiece.
9f769249.jpg

Nice! I actually have about 4 of the boot shot glasses, too.

The thrift stores are definitely a gold mine. These are a few of many I have picked up for less than a buck apiece.
9f769249.jpg

I found a boot glass just like that in a thrift store once. I was got excited... SOOOOO EXCITED! then I saw the giant chip in it. Lame. Lame...... Love the playboy chalice btw.

You must be quite a man/drinker. The boot glasses I have hold about 10 fl oz. That is a hell of a shot. :rockin::drunk:

haha, actually I think it was a bar set with large glasses like yours and small shot glasses to go with it. I have the shot glasses. With all of this said, break out the JD, because I love a challenge!

haha, actually I think it was a bar set with large glasses like yours and small shot glasses to go with it. I have the shot glasses. With all of this said, break out the JD, because I love a challenge!

Well I have been looking for a reason to crack this guy I got at the distillery...
e278ab5a.jpg

No sir, around here we drink good stuff.

I won't argue with this! I drank nothing but JD for about 15 years. I wouldn't even touch beer, so it's funny that I now make it and love to drink it. About 6 months ago I tried Makers Mark for the first time (yeah I know... I guess I was under a rock all my life), and I loved it! I would have likely drank that for 15 years instead of JD if I had discovered it first! :cross:

I won't argue with this! I drank nothing but JD for about 15 years. I wouldn't even touch beer, so it's funny that I now make it and love to drink it. About 6 months ago I tried Makers Mark for the first time (yeah I know... I guess I was under a rock all my life), and I loved it! I would have likely drank that for 15 years instead of JD if I had discovered it first! :cross:

I hardly ever drink anything other than beer, but occasionally on a cold night I'll have a glass of Makers to warm me up :mug:

Got motivated by your post and went to goodwill and scored these 2 beautiful snifters for .95! BEAST

image-416582322.jpg

Got motivated by your post and went to goodwill and scored these 2 beautiful snifters for .95! BEAST

Very cool! I went into a different Goodwill today and they had nothing worth buying, I was disappointed and think I'm getting spoiled.

Inspired by this thread and the last one, I've been checking the thrift store near me about once a week for a few weeks. Here's what I've found: :)

glasses.JPG

$9.99 after using a monthly 20% off coupon. Looks brand new! Always check their jewlery section too. You'll get the fever as soon as you find your first piece of gold in there for $4.99!
img0505i.jpg

By zjosey at 2012-03-28
img0506qa.jpg

By zjosey at 2012-03-28

I know it is a bit sissy, but the Schofferhoffer Grapefruit is an awesome drink in the heat. Get it really cold, and pound them back like water. Looking forward to summer:ban::ban:

lurker18 said:
I know it is a bit sissy, but the Schofferhoffer Grapefruit is an awesome drink in the heat. Get it really cold, and pound them back like water. Looking forward to summer:ban::ban:

I used to like drinking Krystall Weizen with banana nectar. Haven't had it in years but man was it good!

Just scored a Ceramic mug for Germany. Not the greatest find but not half bad either.

My last goodwill score I managed to pop the bulbous area of a pub glass back in January, looks like it will be a permanent scar. Today I went looking for a heavyweight mug that could handle a bomber (still a little short). I loved the shape on this weizen glass. I don't know jack about glassware to judge the quality of this set of fine handblown crystal pilsner glasses, but said what the heck at $4.

Prewash image then after a nice oxyclean soak and scrub, forgive the blur on the second image, I'm too amateur to invest in an AF wide aperture lens.

prewash.jpg

withbeer.jpg

Inspired by this thread and the last one, I've been checking the thrift store near me about once a week for a few weeks. Here's what I've found: :)
Nice! My daughter got me a Paulaner Liter mug for Christmas..

$9.99 after using a monthly 20% off coupon. Looks brand new! Always check their jewlery section too. You'll get the fever as soon as you find your first piece of gold in there for $4.99!
Did it come with the ball valve?

I have that exact same glass.... I stole it from a yacht club in Germany!
:rockin:

I've got to get me some Schofferhoffer to try. Maybe my local craft brew store carries it..

That's something I'm hoping to find.

Me too!

Nice! My daughter got me a Paulaner Liter mug for Christmas..

Did it come with the ball valve?

:rockin:

I've got to get me some Schofferhoffer to try. Maybe my local craft brew store carries it..

Me too!

No just the cooler but I'm not complaining!:) Google "Goodwill 20% off monthly coupon" and make plenty of copies. I always have a bunch in my wallet.

My last goodwill score I managed to pop the bulbous area of a pub glass back in January, looks like it will be a permanent scar. Today I went looking for a heavyweight mug that could handle a bomber (still a little short). I loved the shape on this weizen glass. I don't know jack about glassware to judge the quality of this set of fine handblown crystal pilsner glasses, but said what the heck at $4.

Prewash image then after a nice oxyclean soak and scrub, forgive the blur on the second image, I'm too amateur to invest in an AF wide aperture lens.

Those are nice!

The thread got me to stop in at the local thrift store on the way home lastnight, and wouldn't you know it, two Hoegarden glasses, the really big heavy ones, for 5.99.
I guess I'm hitting thrift stores for the next few weeks.

BlainD said:
Again why aren't you buying lottery tickets?

I took your advice and bought 10 tickets today. If you hear about a guy in Indiana winning the 640 million mega-millions tonight, that'll be me :)

I took your advice and bought 10 tickets today. If you hear about a guy in Indiana winning the 640 million mega-millions tonight, that'll be me :)

haha! I just bought 5, and I haven't played the lottery for over 10 years! If you hear about a new brewery named Stauff's you'll know I won!

Back