Use Damprid!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When I first built my keezer I had a mold issue about two months into it. I cleaned it all out really well and put everything back in and hoped for the best. I then read about DampRid in another thread I thought I would give it a try. Now six months later I am mold free and just poured about three cups of water that the damp rid collected. I don't open the lid that often and the keezer is inside of my apt w/ the ac on all summer and fall.

Hmm, might have to look into this. I've had my keezer in operation for about 7 months and haven't had a mold issue yet. But I do notice when I look in amongst the kegs I see there is some small puddles starting to form in the corners.
Where did you pick this up? Walmart, home depot?

Hmm, might have to look into this. I've had my keezer in operation for about 7 months and haven't had a mold issue yet. But I do notice when I look in amongst the kegs I see there is some small puddles starting to form in the corners.
Where did you pick this up? Walmart, home depot?

I got it from Lowe's, they have a two pack for like $7. I put both in because I have them but one would probably do fine. The one on the bottom collects more water then the one on the hump, but they both had water in them when I emptied them today while removing an empty keg.

They had the generic damp check at my local dollar store. You can refill then with regular ice melter( calcium chloride) when you need a refill.

I use CaCl2 from an aquarium supplier as a hygroscopic in my fridge and to contribute calcium ions to my brewing water....

Back