WLP060 in an American IPA??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgriff00

Reaction score
Creating my first recipe, and going with an American IPA. I was considering using WLP060, never used it before but have read pretty good things. Anyone tried it in an IPA. Mine will be moderately hopped @69 IBU.

The strain might work out great...but when I read the description (without any experience in using it myself) it mentions things like "more lager like" and "Hop flavors and bitterness are accentuated, but not to the extreme of California" So I might suggest starting with one of the more common well known strains for your first recipe.

Thanks. Probably will go with ahs greenbelt or 001. At least ill know it's not the yeast that screwed up my first ipa recipe, if it comes out bad.

Havent got much info on this yeast so thought I would bring this thread up, it sounds good to me, described like wlp001 and clean and lager like-thought Id try it out. Made a all fuggles IPA.I didnt get too englishy with it kept with breiss 2 row and this yeast. Im hoping for a good turnout. Any body use this yeast much?-please comment. Ill try to post back some comments on it in a month or by the end of the year,when my ipa is finished.

I have use this yeat many times and I like it. It has made some nice IPA's and American brown ale for me.
I just used it to make a smoked Pilsner.

Back