american cream ale tastes watered down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RippinLt

Reaction score
I was right where I needed to be hydro-wise according to the recipe... I expected to make a bmc but with some more flavor. Instead it tastes like watered down bmc. Darn...Its a really really really easy drinker and around 5.25 abv...

So whats the deal I read that it tastes like water but damn I didnt take it so literal.

Wait - Rippin! Did you really just say your homebrew BMC is watered down? Isn't BMC (even clones) and watered down in the same sentence redundant?

What was your recipe?

So, the obvious questions need to be asked. Kit or recipe, extract or all grain, how long di you ferment and did you rack it to secondary, when did you start the brew and how long has it been in the bottle or keg?

My American cream ale took about 3 to 4 weeks in the bottle to get really good. Prior to that it tasted watered down. I suspect yours needs more time to mature.

My Brewer's Best American Cream Ale is just a hair under 6%, and it's not watered down at all. Fairly strong flavor, actually. A month in the fermenter and 3 weeks in the bottle so far.

If you hit your numbers, it's more than likely carbonation levels (BMC is very highly carbonated compared to most other beers), water (your profile isn't appropriate for the flavors you want to accentuate) or recipe (inappropriate ingredients).

it is definitely carb levels, I only had this in a bottle for a 13 days before I cracked it. Its a brewers best american cream ale kit. Im pretty excited to see the results bottle conditioning has on this brew.

2 weeks 4 days in primary
no secondary
bottled for 13 days
whoala

Latest posts

Back