What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm in the Lauter Day Brewers

Now that's freaking hilarious! I work for a SLC based corporation (our engineering facility is in southern California though). I'm the only non-LDS person in the company. They all know with my coffee and beer habit (they use the term "vice"), I have a one way ticket to hell and they just accept it. I've travelled there enough to know it's a seriously strange place.

Engineer. I'm a tooling engineer, currently designing deep draw stamping tools, though I've done thermoplastic extrusion tools in the past, too. (There's a good chance that at some point you've driven a car with a window seal on it that came out of a tool I designed and built, unless you only drive imports.)

The funny thing is that I did a dual major at MTU, computer engineering and human biology. Figured I'd design medical instrumentation, but I had to drop out in my senior year to nurse my mom after a bad auto accident, and never got my degree. A temporary programming job led to work as a detailer, and eventually tooling engineer via apprenticeship.

Now that's freaking hilarious! I work for a SLC based corporation (our engineering facility is in southern California though). I'm the only non-LDS person in the company. They all know with my coffee and beer habit (they use the term "vice"), I have a one way ticket to hell and they just accept it. I've travelled there enough to know it's a seriously strange place.
My goodness, coffee? You're so going to hell.

I'm going to guess that when they smell it and realize what it is they crinkle their nose and make a face... then they act really nice and polite. I mean they are done condemning you in their mind, so now they turn on their classic LDS manners.

Carpentry paid the bills till I went to grad school. I still do as much as I can, sometimes for pay[emoji41]. Really I just like putting things together (stairways, cabinets, mash tuns, etc) to balance out the therapy.
I totally understand that. Brew on , my friend , brew on.

Welcome to Utah.

If you're in the Salt Lake Valley (and if you're a non-LDS person living in Utah I sure do hope you're either in Salt Lake Valley or Summit County) you should join one of our home brew clubs. I'm in the Lauter Day Brewers (the Lord's Favorite Homebrew Club) so I'm partial to that one. You'll have unlimited samples of the best beer in the state at the monthly meetings.

Thank you for the welcome. I'm in Logan, so I am definitely in the minority, but the area is really nice. I will have to start looking around at homebrew clubs, I saw some evidence of a couple in Cache valley. I will look you guys up as well. Love the name!

Thank you for the welcome. I'm in Logan, so I am definitely in the minority, but the area is really nice. I will have to start looking around at homebrew clubs, I saw some evidence of a couple in Cache valley. I will look you guys up as well. Love the name!
The O-Town (Ogden) Hop Heads is another well established homebrew club a little closer to you.

Higher math always hurt my brain..Non-Engineer.

I am General Surgeon...the hands-on and troubleshooting aspects with brewing really got me interested. Plus it allows me to be creative without serious repercussions if something doesn't work out.

Non-Engineer.

Estimator for a General Contractor.

Ironically, my old company called everyone who wasn't a field superintendent an engineer, such as office engineer, project engineer, preconstruction engineer, etc. Yet, very few were engineers by degree...

Not an Engineer but played one for 20 years in the Army.

So the Mayor, a Pastor and an Engineer were waiting to play golf. The starter came out and said there is a threesome ahead and that they were firefighters that had been badly injured on a big fire. They were blind.

The Mayor said "I remember these brave guys, I'm going to honor them with a key to the city."

The Pastor said "I'm going to have my church pray for these heroes."

The Engineer said "Why can't they play at night?"

Back