Spent Grain? Make Your Best Friend Cookies!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out they're putting xylitol in some fancy brands of peanut butter. Xylitol is deadly to dogs even in rather small amounts, so read the labels. I don't remember if I used Skippy or Jif or Peter Pan, but I did check the label and it just has plain old sugar and is safe. (I wish they didn't put any sweeteners in PB, I have to make my own if I want the good stuff)

You can buy unsweetened PB. It's what we have in my house. This one, in fact. It's probably available everywhere.

c650f184-c0ef-4de8-b232-c40bd73a7bbd_1.42eeedcd663ea7c97842bed326d50bf2.jpeg

Thanks, I will look for that. The dogs can eat the Jif/Skippy/etc, and I'll continue to cook with it, but sometimes I just want a good peanut butter cracker and the sweet stuff doesn't do it for me :)

It's a royal pain in the aß to stir.... MIL buys and always asks me to stir it for her. LoL

I recently made peanut butter my simply pouring a container of dry-roasted peanuts into a food processor. Goes from nuts to powder to peanut butter in less than a minute. For a dog, that's all you need. If you're eating it, add honey to sweeten it up.

I recently made peanut butter my simply pouring a container of dry-roasted peanuts into a food processor. Goes from nuts to powder to peanut butter in less than a minute. For a dog, that's all you need. If you're eating it, add honey to sweeten it up.

I haven't made it in a few years, but when I want good peanut butter, I mix half a pound of unsalted dry roasted peanuts and half a pound of salted cocktail or Spanish peanuts in the food processor or blender and grind 'em up. Then I do the other half pounds :) I don't want any sweetener in it.

weird. I just made these dog treats for our 14 year old lab. Haven't made them in a couple years so it was good to make them out of the beer I make ever year in his honor, Priceless Pup oatmeal brown ale. Man, he loves them.

Back