Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please bring PLENTY of Heady!!!

Speaking of Heady...Keystone has a clone kit available. Anyone tried it yet?

tried the outcome at one of our meetings. Think it was part of the forumlation process at that point. The beer was good, but I forget what Heady tastes like. So not sure if it was spot on or not.

tried the outcome at one of our meetings. Think it was part of the forumlation process at that point. The beer was good, but I forget what Heady tastes like. So not sure if it was spot on or not.

It's spot on... buy it. Yes, I work at Keystone. What about it? lol

In all seriousness I've had this kit made by employees and by customers. It's really good. And yes, I've had Heady Topper on a few occasions.

what am I lookin at...

LOL...

Sorry, that was a pic of some plants I'm selling on another forum. I posted a lot of things for sale on several forums this morning spanning across all my dumb expensive hobbies.

I harvested some Conan from a can of Heady my friend brought over and brewed Vegan's recipe up 2 weekends ago...I dry hopped it on Sunday and am planning on bringing a growler to the Keystone HOPS homebrew club meeting on 3/20. Anyone who will be there is welcome to try it!

For those not on their mailing list, Capone's in Norristown has Pliny the Younger on tap tomorrow :rockin:

It should be added the event at Capone's starts at 10AM and people start lining up way early. A member of the club Im in went last year and he said they were selling tickets for Pliny pours before they opened to people in line. I have to work at the homebrew shop tomorrow otherwise I would swing by...

I thought there was going to be a line at Memphis Taproom for PtY yesterday so I didn't go. Apparently there was no line, it was busy but you could walk in and get a pour. Kicked in a little over an hour, I was going to go on my lunch break and have a glass now I am kicking myself.

There are some really good tap lists around the city for CBX, I went a few years ago and had a good time. I live close to Kraftwork which is where it starts so it was convenient for me. What I liked about it is it got us out of the hood and checking out some other bars that I may not travel to see normally.

Yeah, we'd start at Race St Cafe, after getting off at Market East. "Ooooh its going to be nice out, lets do something outside and not hang out in bars.." Bah!

Anyone else have a beer breakfast at Cappone's this morning?

Got there at 9:30, still got a ticket. Had a four oz pour of Younger then some elder, then some supplication, then had the girl bring me home for a nap! Hat's off to the Cappone's staff, it was very well managed.

Anyone else have a beer breakfast at Cappone's this morning?

Got there at 9:30, still got a ticket. Had a four oz pour of Younger then some elder, then some supplication, then had the girl bring me home for a nap! Hat's off to the Cappone's staff, it was very well managed.

Capone's is great. I wanted to get over there today to talk with Matt (Capone) and see if he had any secret bottles sitting around. He's know to sell some private stock if you show you're serious. He's usually sitting on some rare Belgians and Sours....

Hurray! I brewed beer today. First time since late October I'm pretty sure. Had to dust off the single tier and make sure everything still worked. 75% efficiency, hit my mash temp dead on, and put exactly 10 gallons in the fermentor. Pretty satisfying considering how rusty I was. Now I just have to wait and see if the beer is any good. Wrote a new recipe for a Belgian IPA...

1982124_10151896758855882_1720644789_n.jpg

Good on ya! My burner and propane tank are still buried in the garage under a heap of furniture we stuck out there for some remodeling. It's been in there since November and I'm still not sure when it'll be moving back...

As ****ty of a winter as it's been, I've gotta start taking advantage of these nice Saturdays. Feels good to be outside on a nice day brewing.

I am being so lazy...I have a IIPA to bottle and a starter to brew up. Hurt my ankle playing hockey last night so I just don't want to lug the bottles upstairs to prep them. I really hate bottling!

anybody know of a place in the area that weld's stainless? want to have a pipe nipple welded onto a kettle instead of going weldless if possible

Heres a shameless plug for a new Homebrew Club! Come check out Riverside Homebrew Club. We are located in Yardley, but have members who come from as far as Willow Grove. We meet every 2nd Monday of the month at The Vault Brewpub in Yardley at 7. Check out our page!

https://www.facebook.com/riversidehomebrew

Does anyone in the area attend any bottle shares? Or have any interest? I've been trying to get together a small group to enjoy some of these larger and stronger bottles.

Does anyone in the area attend any bottle shares? Or have any interest? I've been trying to get together a small group to enjoy some of these larger and stronger bottles.
Of homebrew or commercial? If it's homebrew, we just bring to the club meeting and sample away.

Commercial? I've stopped buying commercial largly. I mean, I'll pick up a case of an IPA if I don't have one on tap at the moment. Or, labatt blue (good tailgate beer or lawnmower beer). But that's about it really. I barely have enough room for the homebrew I have stored around the house, I definitly don't have the room to cellar commercial beer. :mug:

I'm primarily looking at commercial beers. Our homebrew club is the same way with everyone sharing their beers at meetings. Just want to find a couple folks to appreciate some of the rarer commercial beers with.

I'm primarily looking at commercial beers. Our homebrew club is the same way with everyone sharing their beers at meetings. Just want to find a couple folks to appreciate some of the rarer commercial beers with.

I'd love to, but I have very little free time as it is, between work and two boys under two. If you do get one together I could show up once in a blue moon.

And I'll save that LiL for the first one I show up to :D

I did one last weekend and would definitely be interested in doing it again. I would think two or three times a year would work out (more than that could be detrimental to my liver! :) )

I did one last weekend and would definitely be interested in doing it again. I would think two or three times a year would work out (more than that could be detrimental to my liver! :) )

How was this set up? Just some friends hanging out?

I have seen ticketed bottle shares a few times, but I think I would rather have it at a house with fewer people.

I have seen ticketed bottle shares a few times, but I think I would rather have it at a house with fewer people.

I do a sampling every now and then with friends, but I think it would be better for me to do with fellow HBT'rs who would also bring something to the table rather then just drink through my cellar with people who bring nothing lol

A friend who is moving out to Colorado had a party and he kicked in about six Bruery selections he got from his reserve membership. I brought a CCB Guava Grove and I don't think the other guys brought anything of note. I agree - an informal get together would probably be best.

I do a sampling every now and then with friends, but I think it would be better for me to do with fellow HBT'rs who would also bring something to the table rather then just drink through my cellar with people who bring nothing lol

Aw ... and I was hoping to just show up! ;)

I've been meaning to look at my schedule to see if I was available to host an HBT GTG. It would have to be either a Saturday night after 8 since I'm at Keystone til 7 those days or anytime on a sunday. Maybe the first or second sunday in April. Whichever one isn't Easter...

Easter is April 20th this year (not how that's going to work out for all those 420 fans!) A group from Bruclear are getting together the next weekend to fill an apple brandy barrel with a sour saison that we've brewed. And we've all agreed to bring a commercial sour to share and then pitch the dregs. Given that, I don't know if I could do an early April get together, but perhaps next time around.

Easter is April 20th this year (not how that's going to work out for all those 420 fans!) A group from Bruclear are getting together the next weekend to fill an apple brandy barrel with a sour saison that we've brewed. And we've all agreed to bring a commercial sour to share and then pitch the dregs. Given that, I don't know if I could do an early April get together, but perhaps next time around.

I need to score a 5 gal bourbon barrel. I could do wonders with it.

Back