What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leadgolem said:
Missed the UPS guy with the brewing supplies by about 10 minutes. Oh well. I'll have everything tomorrow, and I won't be brewing until the weekend anyway.

When I miss the UPS guy I can go down to the distribution office after 8pm and pick my package up there.

Kegged 5 gal of Lemon Lime Hef, and 5 gal of Honey Nut Brown, and added a four port manifold and new lines to my keggerator. Upgraded my serving capacity from one to four. I only have three kegs for this weekend's cookout though... Looks like I need to get brewing!!!

Yelled at my wife. For the past month I've been brewing a beer with lemon peel and dry hopping and as soon I start transferring my beer from the secondary to the bottling bucket she walks in with a handful of lint from the dryer and starts breaking it sort as she throws it away. Needless to say my Boston Lemon IPA became Laundry Lint Beer. There went a month of work. So pissed! It smelled awesome! So pissed!!!!

blindmanbrew said:
Yelled at my wife. For the past month I've been brewing a beer with lemon peel and dry hopping and as soon I start transferring my beer from the secondary to the bottling bucket she walks in with a handful of lint from the dryer and starts breaking it sort as she throws it away. Needless to say my Boston Lemon IPA became Laundry Lint Beer. There went a month of work. So pissed! It smelled awesome! So pissed!!!!

Hey, that's what secondary's for! Dropping sediment.

a lot of cleaning !!! I also bought a 6 foot corian counter top with a back splash and l brackets to use as a brewing prep table... I cut out a opening and mounted my barley crusher in it as well as framed a basin catch to hold my mill bucket so I can crush at the table..... set up my instruments...... scales....lab..etc....I did all this in my brewhouse aka the garage my SWMBO wants to frigin kill me !!! I'm so happy !!

ong said:
Hey, that's what secondary's for! Dropping sediment.

Yeah, that and if you we're dry hopping your beer. It also allows it to condition better and makes a clearer beer.

installed "Brew Target" on my windows 8 computer (super glad it was compatible), updated all my recipes and ingredients. I still won't have any time to brew for another month but at least I can start to plan everything for a 2 batch session.

Checked my email which showed all my ingredients have been shipped! Hopefully it's here by Friday to brew on Saturday!

Looks like it'll arrive next Tuesday :/

I guess I'm going to go have to get more ingredients so I can brew on Saturday!

I ordered three new kegs, for my keezer project. Im excited to see this come together. Also, trying to finish my Mash tun/cooler project. I stupidly ordered random fittings, that don't fit together. Now Im having trouble trying to locate a SS 90* elbow 1/2" barb x 1/2" mpt.

Those bottles from the German Wernesgruner pils have cool crests on the neck & "original german beer" around the shoulder. so I saved 5 to re-use & 1 for the collection. Put a gallon of PBW in my lil cooler (the one in my brewery pics) & the labels slipped off clean in an hour. So I'm soaking them,& clean the ones I've been drinking mine out of.
Dang midwest is still 6 days behind with orders,might not get my supplies in time for Saturday. * Just found out my car's done! Hoorah!
**Correction,the Wernesgruner labels slip off in 30 minutes or less. Fast like Paulaner & Franziskaner.

image-1000251819.jpg

DIY wort chiller. Ain't to purty but she doesn't leak!

Yup! Like Han Solo,"she ain't to purty,but she's got it where it counts!". Wanna make a dual coil one of these days. got fix the kitchen up for momma 1st.

Dry hopped a batch of Wry Smile Rye IPA, picked up a 50 pound sack of Great Western Pale Malt (2-row) and a couple of packets of S-04, and cleaned out one of my swamp coolers so it will be ready for my next batch. Time for a homebrew.

Edit: Went to get a homebrew and found the only tapped keg was dead. Pretty sure a recent house guest was hitting it pretty hard last week in the evening after we went to bed, but also suspect the final straw was my oldest son (25) and his buddy earlier today while my wife and I were gone picking up a sack of pale malt. Sigh . . . today I also rinsed an empty keg and started it soaking with some Oxy, and began carbonating a keg of Da Yooper's House Pale Ale. Hopefully the IPA I put in there sometime last week is close to being fully carbonated by now.

Pulled a gravity sample from my IPA, and dry hopped with an ounce each of cascade and Citra. This ones gonna be good...

jerryteague said:
Pulled a gravity sample from my IPA, and dry hopped with an ounce each of cascade and Citra. This ones gonna be good...

They make a great combo together. I used citra and cascade exclusively in a pale ale recently and it came out great.

Registered 4 beers for a local comp (BURP's Spirit of Free Beer). Just gotta drop the entries off at the LHBS by tomorrow (due date).

Nice! I have 3 in the same comp and I'm dropping mine off at myLHBS tomorrow as well!

Ordered up 3 perlick taps with shanks and handles, a 3 way manifold, a drip tray, faucet wrench, and other goodies to properly convert my beer fridge to a 3 tap kegorator. Now I just need to pick up a 3rd keg...

Finally soaked my grain bag clean,rinsed & hung to dry. Got a bunch of cleaned bottles dry & boxed up. Cleaned & dried my home depot bucket to use with my new barley crusher grain mill. My Moari IPA will be in primary two weeks Sunday. One more week & it should be ready for a load of dry hops for a week before bottling. Can't wait to taste it...

Listened to my starter stirring away, talked to the yeasties a bit, encouraging them to grow strong and have lots of dirty kinky sex in my new 2000ml flask.

In the past 2 days: kicked my keg of Galaxy Pale Ale V3, refilled my CO2 tank and prepped the mini-keg of Caribou Slobber for tomorrow night's camping trip, adjusted the steel washer on my stir plate and prepped my yeast starter for tomorrow's African Amber clone brew, kegged 10-gallons of centennial blonde, finalized the recipe for GPA V4, picked up a 50lb sack of 2-row and a few other miscellaneous ingredients, and filled a propane tank.

Picked up two pounds of Cascades and some yeast for a future batch of Edwort's Apfelwein; bought some fertilizer for my hops.

Managed to brew a rye saison. Partial mash on stovetop; but had the largest BIAB grain bill I've used (8.5 lbs or so). Took some time to get the grains to give up the wort, but hopefully it worked out. Pitched @ 70 with Wyeast 3711.

E-mailed midwest about my 9 day old order still "processing". I was going to brew a PM Berliner Weisse tomorrow. got my new barley crusher set up too. Dang...

unionrdr said:
E-mailed midwest about my 9 day old order still "processing". I was going to brew a PM Berliner Weisse tomorrow. got my new barley crusher set up too. Dang...

I had a bad experience with Midwest taking over a week to ship anything, not shipping something that was listed as in stock claiming that it wasn't and entirely forgetting a pound of specialty grain. My mash tun showed up two weeks late and damaged on top of all that. Needless to say I don't order there anymore.

Fertilized my second year hop plants and weighed out grains and hops for a Red Chair NWPA clone I am going to brew tomorrow (hopefully).

Finally got around to kegging a 11 gallon batch of blonde ale that I split between two different yeasts. One with Whitelabs Belgian Ale yeast and the other with Wyeast Whitbread yeast. I'm calling it the Twin Blondes Series. I also got a yeast starter going for big brew day with a couple of buddies. Planning on brewing 20-25 gallons of beer. And lastly, ordered 4 more kegs from AIH to put all this beer in. It's been a productive day, time to relax with a few homebrews. :rockin:

Stopped by my local homebrew store on the way home from work today picked up some yeast and grains for this weekends brew. Then tonight made a yeast starter.

A day late but brewed a centennial blonde splitting 5 gallons into two fermenters. Planning on dry hopping one half with leftover cascade and/or centennial and keeping the other as is. I was tempted to brew haus pale ale with the leftover centennial and cascades, but decided I wouldn't have enough time and so I split this batch and will dry hop one of them instead.

Planted my Centennial rhizomes. A little late to the party, but I'd rather be late than not show up at all.

image-2669996932.jpg

Racked an Orfy Hobgoblin II clone into the keg... that is all :D

Picked up this book from the library before I had my first batch down, thought it would be like brewing instruction. Turns out it's useless for a noob! But I can see how it would be good for someone who, go figure, wants to design a great beer.

Designing great beers, is the name?

Latest posts

Back