time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, going to take another stab at this.

The brewery is pretty clearly Appalachian Brewing Co in Harrisburg, PA - on the banks of the Susquehanna River (which I can't pronounce either).

"Mountains so green" sounds like a reference to "And did those feet in ancient time" by William Blake, and the cloudy skies maybe referencing England's bad weather? I dunno, just grasping at straws because I can't find any beers of theirs that directly reference clouds or rain. So maybe we're looking for an English-style pale ale like their Purist Pale Ale? But then that is supposed to be a little darker than what was pictured. So yeah, I'm stumped.

I like watching this thread but, I don't participate. It's suss-kwa-hannah. Also, Appalachian Brewing isn't "on" the river. Although you do get a nice scene of the ghetto and some traintracks. ;)

Good luck guys!

My original guess was an Appalachian Brewing offering, but if it was one of theirs, he didn't confirm the brewery (which is not a requirement, just helpful). Still, if it isn't one of these others that chocotaco and Osedax guessed, I'm stumped too.

Great guesses, but sadly no to all.
would you like me to give you the answer?
Remember i did ask for the brewery and name of beer. just saying...

Hint:
Ten thousand five hundred and eighty eight, words ten and thirteen sound really great.
Just fill in the blanks, Im looking for two, that describe this long game that is mostly the clue.

Enjoy.

Long trail mostly cloudy

Holy cow we have a winner, well done you. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414016092.256867.jpg
Your up.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ok your right, my bad.
first hint:
Georgia to Maine= appellation trail, that in deed is a very long trail, not only that but the area that the brewery is in, has a gate way to the trail, in this hint i mentioned imminent rain= cloudy, prehaps.
next hint was: take a hike= usually on a footpath or a trail, and the bottle has a hiker on it, to the mountains of green= located in the Green Mountains, look at the skies but the sun cant be seen= once again cloudy.
On the banks of a river that i cant pronounce= Ottaquechee.
lastly:
10588=the reply thread number (Jordan), words 10 and 13=Trail and cloudy, and in the last part of the final clue were the words LONG and MOSTLY.

That was once again fun thanks for playing, i honestly thought it as going to get guessed on the first hint.

Last edited:
That was brutal, but fun. The one that tipped me off was the last one. "Ten thousand five hundred and eighty eight" = post #10588. Then he said something about words number ten (trail) and thirteen (cloudy). Appalachian trail is a long trail... I had to go to their website to figure out the specific beer though. Sorta just clicked once I figured out he was talking about a post number. Sitting at my desk thinking about this one for a while though.

I'll post one soon.

That was brutal, but fun. The one that tipped me off was the last one. "Ten thousand five hundred and eighty eight" = post #10588. Then he said something about words number ten (trail) and thirteen (cloudy). Appalachian trail is a long trail... I had to go to their website to figure out the specific beer though. Sorta just clicked once I figured out he was talking about a post number. Sitting at my desk thinking about this one for a while though.

I'll post one soon.

Awesome thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

No and no.

Hint: the brewery that makes this specific beer is located near a place that is very relevant this October.

Too obscure of a hint?
Here's another: the beer style and adjunct are summer staples

Latest posts

Back