Reno home brewer, need help identifying an off flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1337sti

Reaction score
Howdy!

I'm fairly new on here and I still feel fairly new to home brewing. (having mostly only done mr beer kits, and now 3 LHBS extract with grain steeping kits)

I've now brewed a total of 3 batches in my brew keggle.

2nd to last batch came out Awesome even though I did several things wrong. I Boiled the grains instead of steeping them. also I pitched at 82F (I know dumb)

last batch (currently in the bottle) I steeped the grains instead of boiling. also I put the first hop addition (2 oz willimette) in 30 minutes into my grain steep so that those hops got steeped and then boiled (after pulling out the 60L Caramel) and pitched at 70F but it does not taste as good as the first batch.

It has an off flavor (not terrible beer is still okay ) i have a bit of a bad pallet so I'm just not sure what I'm tasting ...

I'm sure i could run a beer down to brew chatter or reno home brewer but hey , maybe someone on the forum has a good pallet too ?

If interested just reply in thread or PM me with your number and i'll call/txt

:fro:

I should be done brewing tomorrow around noon. Pm me tomorrow morning if your available.

Latest posts

Back