The Late Night Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I missed it... My bad.

Happening a lot lately, I make a joke and I get a reply back like I have no clue and they go on this detailed explanation. Kind of depressing that 1) I am not that funny and 2) People think I am not that bright. lol

Happening a lot lately, I make a joke and I get a reply back like I have no clue and they go on this detailed explanation. Kind of depressing that 1) I am not that funny and 2) People think I am not that bright. lol

I don't know much about you other than the chickens. Did you catch the culprit?

Nope but betting on the snake. Next time I see one I will try and catch it.

Motion sensor cameras would help. I thought about trying to get eggs from keeping chickens in the back yard, but I can get organic eggs just as cheap from the local grocer.

Motion sensor cameras would help. I thought about trying to get eggs from keeping chickens in the back yard, but I can get organic eggs just as cheap from the local grocer.

Yeah eggs are cheap, it is more for fun, a different kind of pet. I have a garden too but it would be cheaper to buy the stuff for the time involved but I enjoy it.

little bit rattled right now, I work night shift at university, gunman opens fire on campus last night during my shift. 3 people dead, still at work right now , gunmam on the loose we are on lockdown. will post more later when I know more

Not a good night happened about two buildings over, was on lock down for a while until things were figured out. I cannot post you a link from my phone, so google university of alberta shooting

Damn, man. It's a good thing you're OK. It's not a good thing the 4 other people aren't.

What's up with people shooting up schools anyway?

brewingmeister said:
....armored car robbery.

Isn't that the dream?

anyway, working 7 to 7 on two week rotations, its nice to see some other night owls

I don't know much about you other than the chickens. Did you catch the culprit?

Got him...we think. Wife found the snake in the chicken coop curled up in one of their nests so she grabbed it. The snake itself is not small but not big either, when I saw it like 3 foot, 4 foot tops. Thing is the head is very small probably why it could not swallow the whole little chicken. But I did read they kill by constriction (explaining why no obvious trauma..except death lol) and that it is common for them to kill one victim and go back for more then come back and eat the first one. Sad.

We took the snake for a little drive....lol

I'm up doing research on AG brewing. I'll be doing my first AG this coming Saturday. I'm going to go home and mix a few tracks. Good times.

At work, We had a big meeting about what happened thursday night . Bunch of bs coming down from management. They handled it really badly as events were occuring now they are trying to cover their asses

I'm up doing research on AG brewing. I'll be doing my first AG this coming Saturday. I'm going to go home and mix a few tracks. Good times.

So how did it go? I have been doing it for a few years now but took a break. In fact I had enough grain in the freezer to do a batch so I finally got to it Sunday. In fermenter now. Wheat beer. I don't follow recipies really, kind of make them up as I go, see what I got and then decide what I will do. I am a wild man that way...lol.

So how did it go? I have been doing it for a few years now but took a break. In fact I had enough grain in the freezer to do a batch so I finally got to it Sunday. In fermenter now. Wheat beer. I don't follow recipies really, kind of make them up as I go, see what I got and then decide what I will do. I am a wild man that way...lol.

I won't know until Saturday. I'll let you know.

I had all night, but got it done in about 6 hours. The beer seemed pretty clear after boiling and everything went a lot smoother than I thought. I did get a stuck sparge, but I stirred everything up and tried again. I had to get the hang of the vorlauf because I kept disturbing the grain bed. I eventually got it though. In a few more weeks we'll see how everything turns out.

Nothing work related (just checked work email, responded as necessary).

Drinking homebrew, listening to internet radio....

dfc said:
I need to try my hand at mead. Does anyone want to share an easy recipe?

Mead usually requires 6-12 months minimum before drinking. And most recipies call for about 3lbs honey per gallon .IMO the quickest and easiest recipe is joes quick grape mead or joes ancient orange mead. Both are listed in the recipe database. Let me know if you choose to try one and I will try to answer any questions you might have along the way

Mead usually requires 6-12 months minimum before drinking. And most recipies call for about 3lbs honey per gallon .IMO the quickest and easiest recipe is joes quick grape mead or joes ancient orange mead. Both are listed in the recipe database. Let me know if you choose to try one and I will try to answer any questions you might have along the way

Will do. Thanks.

tried out a new lhbs last night. when I got there the person working behind the counter told me it was there last night and they were closing for good in 3 hours, so anything I wanted was 75 percent off ! I spent 40 dollars and walked out with 1kg of nutrient, 1 kg of stabilizer, enough pectic enzyme for 75 gallons, 22 pkg of lavlin kl v1116 , 1 pkg of medium toasted hungarion oak cubes ,1 pkg of light toasted hungarion oak cubes and 3 mesh straining bags.

Back