Got My Freezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonshae

Reaction score
The first step is over! Got a 13.8 cf chest freezer for $125. Looks like it should fit 8-10 kegs in the deep space next to the hump (41" L x 22" w x 29" h). I'll probably only put in 5 taps, and use the extra space to lager or chill+carb the "next up" kegs.

I am answering threads that haven't been answered. Yours is from March.

So... have you gotten the keezer up and running yet? (Serious genuine curiosity. I want to see what others are doing!!!)

That was a really good price for that big a freezer. I kinda wish I went that route instead of the fridge; I can fit four regular kegs and one small keg, but that doesn't leave me any room for "the bullpen".

I have it up and running (for a while now). Just this weekend I added two more taps (one is a stout faucet), moved the CO2 tank to the outside, and reworked the gas lines inside; it fits 11 kegs perfectly, with space for a carboy and a couple bottles of wine or craft brews on the hump.

What model of freezer fits 11 kegs in 13.8 cubic feet? that is amazing, and I'd love to know. My 14.8 cu ft GE only fits 8!

I can't read the model # on the back (too much stuff inside, can't move it out from the wall), some sort of Kenmore. I just took the guy at his word about the size being 13.8, but taking my own measurements and doing the math, it comes out to about 17.7 cubic feet. Explains a bit...

That makes more sense!

Gotta love that stout faucet! I just tapped an oatmeal stout that just brings a tear to my eye every time I pour a glass. The cascade is brilliant.

Back