Paypal sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
I ****ing hate paypal. Buying the weldless fittings for my keggle, paid for them 7 days ago and they still tell the person receiving payment its pending. They took the money from my account 7 days ago!

I will never use paypal again and I will never purchase anything from anyone who only takes paypal.

YOU ****ING SUCK PAYPAL

My good friend had his identity stolen through PayPal somehow. He went through a huge thing with them and they were much less than helpful at attempting to resolve the issue. He still has problems to this day because of their screw up.

I've been using paypal for years for close to 1000 personal and business transactions and have never had a problem.

I used paypal a few weeks ago to order a weldless fitting and zero problems. Did you use a credit card or was the money taken from your bank account? I only use a credit card with paypal because AmEx or VISA are much more likely to help you out than paypal. And if you use a credit card you can refuse payment, but when using a bank account, the money is already gone.

You need to link paypal directly to your account. If you don't, there are going to be delays. I've never had a problem with them either. I'd much rather use them then hand my credit card info over to some website where I have no idea what the security policy is to protect my info.

Yea it was tied to my Bank Account. Ive had it for years and use it infrequently.

Im just pissed that they took the money that moment. And yet have not paid the other end. 7 Days for an electronic transfer. Screw that-

Im closing the account as soon as I get my stuff.

One common problem is that to do an INSTANT transfer from a bank account you have to have both a bank account AND a credit card on your account.

I found that out the hard way a while back when my credit card expired, I got the new card but forgot to update paypal with it, and the next 3 payments I sent out took like a week. It does suck that they didn't warn me, as I could have updated it BEFORE trying to send payments out, but it wasn't a big enough deal that I won't use paypal anymore - it's so widely used (especially on ebay) that I can't easily live without it.

I stopped using ebay after looking and finding Im not getting any real deals and most of the time your dealing with a *********. Give them a crappy rating and they get the chance to screw you too.

I once paid 15$ for a hard cover book to be shipped to Alaska. After 2 weeks I gave them a bad review and what do they say. They shipped it media. I paid 2 day air to have it shipped! ****ing scammers.

zoebisch01 said:
My good friend had his identity stolen through PayPal somehow. He went through a huge thing with them and they were much less than helpful at attempting to resolve the issue. He still has problems to this day because of their screw up.

I wonder if he was a victim of phishing......I have never had an issue with PayPal except when I forgot to update my address when I moved, my mistake. That held up a transfer.

wihophead said:
I wonder if he was a victim of phishing......I have never had an issue with PayPal except when I forgot to update my address when I moved, my mistake. That held up a transfer.

Yeah, some of those phony sites look convincing. I can see how some people who might not have alot of computer experience could fall victim to a phishing sceme.

I'm sure this has been said before, but you need to look at how you are paying. You did not do an instant transfer and you are now pissed at someone else for not reading how the stuff works. I've never had a problem and I've been dealing with PP for 5-7 years now (maybe longer)

I'll never let paypal have direct access to my bank account!!! They've screwed up once or twice in about 8 years of use and they're generally not very helpful if I have trouble with a store or ebay seller. Instead I use my mastercard debit card with them. Now if I have a problem, I email paypal, but I call mastercard and they give me my money back in less than a day. Paypal responds VERY quickly when money disappears from THEIR accounts;)

I have heard the paypal horror stories, but in all honesty, their customer service has been good to me. And, like MikeInCtown, I have been using paypal for many years. I'm guessing since pre-2000, so maybe 7-9 years. I use it for personal payments to and from guys on forums like this one, eBay payments, as well as all credit card payments to my business. It's not the cheapest route to go for my business, but I haven't had a thing to complain about.

MikeFlynn74 said:
I ****ing hate paypal. Buying the weldless fittings for my keggle, paid for them 7 days ago and they still tell the person receiving payment its pending. They took the money from my account 7 days ago!

I will never use paypal again and I will never purchase anything from anyone who only takes paypal.

YOU ****ING SUCK PAYPAL

Did you choose E-Check, they normally take 7-10 days to clear, even though it says 3-5 on their site.
All others should be instant.

I've never had any issues with them but I saw one user a while ago post that Paypal suspended his account and also kept his remaining funds for violating their anti-firearms policy. He apparently purchased or sold a firearm related item. Doesn't sound legal but who knows...

I bought an item of Ebay a couple months ago and paid immediately via Paypal (via the eBay page). A day later I here from the seller that they took the money back. I go and look and there's 4 charges ($5-30) on my account that I didn't make. Paypal, and eBay both blocked my account as they figured something was up. At least they did that right. I was able to chat on line with someone at eBay to reactivate my account right away. Paypal was another matter. It took over three weeks to get it straightened out. Paypal was not very good at all at responding to my emails and then had no explaination for what happened. I hadn't gone to an external site. I typed in the web addresses myself and didn't use any link.

The fraudulent charges were to Nexus, an online gaming (role playing) site. A quick look on the web showed that quite a few people had had the same problem. To me it looks like someone, somehow, was able to access my account when I made my paypal payment to the eBay seller. I probably won't be using Paypal for a while, if ever again.

I've been using paypal for about 10 years now.

I have had one instance where somebody got into my account and bought about $700 worth of electronics on E-bay.

I called customer service, they locked the account and had my money back to me within 24 hours.

All I had to do was put in a new password and I was back in business.

Another time, an E-bay seller failed to send an item. Reported them to PayPal and they pulled the money from the guys account in about a week.

Back