What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juxt had a SixPoint "Sweet Action". Pretty tasty. Very sesionable

Now:

Wookey Jack!!

Here is what I always feel like when I drink it. Just due to the name haha.
chewbacca-icey1_zps5954b151.jpg

My attempt at Kern River brewing's Just Outstanding IPA. I am close. Cut the honey malt a bit more and I am the.

image.jpg

Oh no! Pepto liquid smoke. How'd that go for you?

yeah about that....the bottle said bacon on it so my brain forced me to buy it. I think it taste like overly smoked water, I was going to say ribs but I'm not getting any pork besides the smoke flavor. The body is really thin, like I'm drinking natural light. There is a little bit of pleasant hop bitterness. Definitely a one time buy.

I am really hoping I can recoup some of the cost of this beer by harvesting the yeast from it.

thanks again Lolo! personal taste is a hell of a thing. I'm lovin' the hell out of this one. and I noticed today at my local liquor store that they started carrying Kona. any that are a must try or a stay away?

Agreed, I'm picking up Columbus, Simcoe, and Amarillo unless I am mistaken. There is a lot of dank, pine, and tropical fruit there that is tasty. I like all of Kona's stuff except the lager, it's pretty meh. I'm not much for American Lagers though.

thanks again Lolo! personal taste is a hell of a thing. I'm lovin' the hell out of this one. and I noticed today at my local liquor store that they started carrying Kona. any that are a must try or a stay away?

Personally i stay away.... but i see them here for dirt cheap less then miller or bud stuff.... Glad you like the sucks have you had any of their other beers?

Hey Nuke all those beers you got on the trade look like they came out of my local grocery store! Must have traded with someone near me I guess.

Odd Side Ales Beanflicker Blonde vanilla java blonde. Growlers empty almost, oh well since the fiancee picked this one looks like its time to go back and get it filled with Bourbon Barrel Aged Citra PA or Pineapple IPA!!

ForumRunner_20130222_204511.jpg

Had a Sam Adams Whitewater IPA earlier. It was ok, but I wouldn't buy it again. It was part of a sampler pack I bought yesterday.I have a Third Voyage DIPA on deck.

Personally i stay away.... but i see them here for dirt cheap less then miller or bud stuff.... Glad you like the sucks have you had any of their other beers?

Hey Nuke all those beers you got on the trade look like they came out of my local grocery store! Must have traded with someone near me I guess.

I had the Moose Drool. I used to drink the hell out of that. I'm pretty excited to try your brews tomorrow night! I'm letting them settle in the basement.

BrewinHooligan, LoloMT7- I lived just outside of Frenchtown on Lackman Loop (if y'all know where it is) for a year. I miss the area. it was like the Black Hills, but much much much bigger. hahaha!

Okay all you sucks fans can pour that crap out and go get 1 of these real beers :D actually I've had this in my fridge for 3 months or more and i just cracked it open and the aroma is as fresh as if it had been brewed yesterday!! A perfect beer !!! Oh **** now i can't get anymore for months .....

ForumRunner_20130222_190240.png

pulled gravity samples for my Citra IPA, doing a side by side of the half done with Wyeast 1968 and the half done with 1056, I'm actually liking the subtle fruity esters in the 1968 more (fermented at 63).

Harpoon Cetlic Red, mits ok, average from the other handfull O' Irish reds or so Ive tried.

First Ninkasi brew and I love it! Just because of the hype I built up for it in my head, I was expecting something a lot hoppier, but it is still a great beer.

There double red and the oatis are both great too!!! And the esb i picked up yesterday is good too... also saw the critical hit barleywine in stores here lately.

LoloMT7 said:
Okay all you sucks fans can pour that crap out and go get 1 of these real beers :D actually I've had this in my fridge for 3 months or more and i just cracked it open and the aroma is as fresh as if it had been brewed yesterday!! A perfect beer !!! Oh **** now i can't get anymore for months .....

I only know of one place around here that serves Lagunitas, their IPA. I drank one and thought it was mediocre. Weird thing was, about 3 days later I couldn't stop thinking about it. I went back and had another about 2 weeks later...I loved it. Is Sucks really that good? I'm convinced there was crack in that IPA for me to have obsessed about it for those 2 weeks or so.

This reminds me of how stoopid I was not to pick up that bottle of Hopstoopid I was hesitating about gettting for some stooopid reason(trying not to accumulate too many beers I already have had-space limitations- I guess) but I still have my frequent regulars I like to buy like this.And not to mention $4.99 bomber.:smack:

I only know of one place around here that serves Lagunitas, their IPA. I drank one and thought it was mediocre. Weird thing was, about 3 days later I couldn't stop thinking about it. I went back and had another about 2 weeks later...I loved it. Is Sucks really that good? I'm convinced there was crack in that IPA for me to have obsessed about it for those 2 weeks or so.

I'm totally sold on the Sucks. I was surprised to find it in the grocery store down the street from my house tonight since their selection is pretty weak for craft beer. Of the handful of brews of theirs I have had, this is on top. Just don't ask LoloMT7 :drunk:

That's impossible where in the world did you get the....what the..... how the..... where in the ???? Alan???

BrewinHooligan said:
I'm totally sold on the Sucks. I was surprised to find it in the grocery store down the street from my house tonight since their selection is pretty weak for craft beer. Of the handful of brews of theirs I have had, this is on top. Just don't ask LoloMT7 :drunk:

I just googled Sucks. I didn't realize it was a DIPA. I'll have to go back to my place and make sure that's not what I was drinking. It was on tap and I was just told it was "an IPA by Lagunitas".

LoloMT7 said:
That's impossible where in the world did you get the....what the..... how the..... where in the ???? Alan???

Picked one up a couple of weeks ago, once it reappeared on the shelves at the local liquor. Gotta love Lagunitas bombers for under $5.

Back