Beer Scene in Colorado Springs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJefe

Reaction score
I'm going to be out in Springs for a few days... Any beer-related establishments that I should hit up while I'm in town?

Bristol is right next to a restaurant called Blue Star. The food and service at the restaurant is AWESOME.

Phantom Canyon is always a good stop. I wasn't impressed last year when I went there, but maybe it was an off night. On many previous visits, I always loved the food and beer.

Trinity Brewing is new down there - think they just celebrated their 1st anniversary. They're off Garden of the Gods Road. Seem to lean towards the belgian end of things, but they also have a huge selection of guest beers on tap as well.

Trinity is having a keg tapping party of Slap Yo Mammy on July 16th. It's a 125 minute, 125 IBU imperial IPA that gets some pretty good reviews. If you're gonna be there it will probably be worth it to check it out.

I was at Phantom Canyon in the middle of June and the saison they had on tap was really good.
Didn't get out much outside of that, because Phantom Canyon was right neat the hotel.

Everything's been mentioned, so I just want to add that they all have it dead on and you should try all three. Phantom is my favorite, but that's mostly nostalgia from my Army days at Ft. Carson...

I was just there visiting.

Trinity's Saison inspired me to brew one next month.
Phantom Canyon was just plain tasty.
Rock Bottom was pouring me $2.25 pints... couldn't beat the price for decent beer. Had the Cream Stout and the Bitter.

Avery in Denver was awesome though. I didn't mean to drink so many tastings :drunk:...

Hey, you gotta go to Rocky Mountain Brewery. It's near the intersection of Platte and Powers on Paonia. PM me for more info. I live here, so I know where everything is.

kardassen, Old West is not a brewery. They are just a LHBS. You must be thinking of RMB because they are a LHBS/brewery. Their beer is very good.

Big Jefe,

I am a displaced San Diegan, used to spend a lotta time down at Tony's, Pac Shores, and the South Beach. Try to hit O'briens every time I'm in town and my parents live close to Ballast and Lightening. Everybody has covered the local stuff except that I would stay away from Phantom. They're beer tends to have a lot of unwanted esthers.

Bristol is a must. Trinity is the closest thing we have to O'briens but they also make their own beer. Rocky Mountain isn't terrible... better than Phantom and they have a BBQ joint parked on the property. How long are you going to be in town? Would love to meet for lunch or a beer if I'm around.

Later.

Todd

EarthBound,

I was there yesterday. I find that I will use any excuse to drop by, then the pints start flowing and I leave all inspired for the next batch :tank:

Hell yeah, same here. That's really cool to hear that. Those guys really know what they're talkin' about and will help you with homebrewin' more than anyone else in the city. Duane, Nick, James, and Walker: badass MFs... Now I'm gonna have to go there after work...

I found that Trinity's beers were hit and miss, but the ones that hit were extremely tasty. They had three different Saisons when I visited and two were amazing. I asked the waitress about the hops used in a beer and she was unsure about the answer, so she went to the brewing area and came back with the recipes. So, if you do like one of their beers, they will be happy to give you the recipe! The food was definitely a twist to standard brewpub fare and was surprisingly good. Their tap selection was quite impressive as well. Old Chicago may have more taps, but half are BMC and a quarter are variations of the same lighter craft beers.

I would definitely go back.

Eric

I would go

Back