Hibbleton Brewing labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hibbleton

Reaction score
I've been working on some new labels that are easily updateable and are consistent from beer to beer. Here's what I came up with, let me know what you think!

Using a photo of the Cincinnati skyline:
Riverfront.png

Using the painting "American Progress" by John Gast:
Manifest.png

Nostalgia.png

Looks like some of the drop shadows and finer details went a little wonky in the conversion from .svg to .png. Oh well.

My only complaint is the script you used on the right hand side. Maybe its just a pet peeve from professors drilling it into my head. Script typefaces are very hard to read, especially in paragraph form. Other than that, I think they look good.

Very nice!

I agree with Edcculus about the script, but for a different reason: it seems rather out of place next to the rough-printed font of "Hibbleton Brewing Company" and the boldness of the beer names.

Thanks, points well taken. These are still works in progress and your input helps.

Scripts are hard to read, plus, shouldn't use too many different fonts in one label else it starts to look chaotic. I see 5, possibly 6 used.

For the writing in the right side column, I would have the border (gap) set to match the height of the coloured stripe at the top/bottom of each label. For example the red stripe on the first label, brown on the second, orange on the third.

On the 2nd label, I'd reposition the painting, right now her head is partially cut off at the top so, would consider lowering it such that there is at least a small gap between her head and the lettering.

In the name 'Hibbleton Brewing Company' I would reduce the gap between the "PA" in COMPANY. Almost looks like two words.

Hopefully some of that was helpful... :)

There are only four different fonts on there, but I see what everyone's saying about the script font. Does anybody have any suggestions for a font for the right pane? I'm trying to find one to keep the look similar to the beer name but something like Impact is too bold for that small of a size.

Ah... thought 5... the left side looks like 2 different fonts, but maybe the government warning is a compressed or a variant of the same font (?).

As for the right panel... maybe DIN, or Helvetica... both have a block sans serif look to them and many available variants. I'd probably considering using the same font on both the left and right panels, just use a light version on the left and maybe the medium for the right.

Latest posts

Back