Cabo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Starting to plan a kick-back vacation on the beach and we're targeting Cabo. Anyone ever been? Wondering if a car would be a good idea or is the local transit good enough. Not usually into all-inclusive since we like to explore the local dining but not ruling it out either. Any hotel recommendations / nightmares to stay away from welcome. Looking beachfront.

SWMBO just started talking this up as well this weekend. It would be our first time taking the spawns out of the country. I have been to Mexico countless times but never Baja.

Ive been and had an absolute blast. I was about 35 minutes to the NE of Cabo at some small out of the way resort. I was lucky enough to catch two Striped Marlin in the time I was there. One was 165 lbs, and the other was 135. After docking the locals took the marlin and cut it into steaks for us. All they asked for payment was some to take home to their families, and 2" thick marlin steak with fresh ceviche is heaven....best Ive ever had too! We stayed away from downtown and chose the "off the beaten path" approach.

IMHO its the best place Ive ever been. Everything is just relaxed and really laid back.

Back