Hops As Low As $8/lb at www.NikoBrew.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
Fellow Homebrewers,

RIGHT NOW all hops at Nikobrew are 15-33% off!

Examples of discounted prices:

CTZ $8/lb
Chinook $13/lb
El Dorado $25/lb
Simcoe $21.25/lb

There is NO coupon required and the sale will run until our desired levels of inventory have been reached, so don't wait!

All of our hops are t90 pellets.

http://www.nikobrew.com

Standard Nikobrew $5 Flat Rate Shipping applies to all domestic orders of hops. This includes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and APO/FPO addresses. International shipping is $25 (or $21 for Canada) for 4 full pounds or 3 1/2 pounds of mixed increments. PayPal is required for international retail orders.

Wholesale Inquiries:
If you are the purchaser for a homebrew supply store or professional brewery please visit http://pro.Nikobrew.com

I didn't appreciate the 2011 package of centennial you sent. Went to dry hop today and the hops are whitish in color. I wouldn't have bought them had I known they were old.

I didn't appreciate the 2011 package of centennial you sent. Went to dry hop today and the hops are whitish in color. I wouldn't have bought them had I known they were old.

I'm very sorry about that. Would you please email me niko at nikobrew.com with either your order number or full name so we can help with a resolution? We do have quite a few varieties available from the 2011 crop in the 2011 Crop category (before a couple months ago or so they didn't have their own category, crop years were noted at the top of the main hops page) although with proper packaging and storage have received nothing but positive feedback as to their quality. We have recently upgraded our packaging as well, to mylar for all hops which may not have been the case with these. We have had Centennial from the 2012 crop in stock for a while now and I would appreciate the opportunity to assist with your concern. Thank you.

Thanks for that explanation. My negative opinions have been changed by your openness. I do not seek resolution, only the understanding I have now received.

Thanks, I do appreciate it, although if you have a moment I really would like to make it right, not to pressure you to do so, but would you mind dropping me an email? If not, just put a note on your order if you choose to place another in the future and we'll hook you up.

thanks for this post, i needed more bittering hops

Woot! Thanks everyone!

Also, our CTZ is Zeus that was grown at a farm half an hour from my home in Idaho. They're fantastic. They also just harvested a bunch of Cascade, Centennial and Chinook that we just had pelletized :) Once we move through our 2012 crop stock of those varieties we'll have 2013 in :)

Woot! Thanks everyone!

Also, our CTZ is Zeus that was grown at a farm half an hour from my home in Idaho. They're fantastic. They also just harvested a bunch of Cascade, Centennial and Chinook that we just had pelletized :) Once we move through our 2012 crop stock of those varieties we'll have 2013 in :)

I'm now using up your 2012 CTZ - it smells amazing out of the bag - now I know why!

Big fan of Zeus - I'm of the general impression that Zeus is not the same as Columbus. I wish I could find some definitive info. I've seen sites say its just trademark names and I've seen sites that say Columbus and Tomahawk are identical while Zeus is similar in profile but genetically different - i.e. not the same. I have never got the same flavors/aromas from Columbus as Zeus.

I will certainly be ordering some 2013 Zeus Crop from you! I've been searching for this and only one other place had it and only by the ounce.

Cheers,

Tim

Woot! Thanks everyone!

I'm now using up your 2012 CTZ - it smells amazing out of the bag - now I know why!

Big fan of Zeus - I'm of the general impression that Zeus is not the same as Columbus. I wish I could find some definitive info. I've seen sites say its just trademark names and I've seen sites that say Columbus and Tomahawk are identical while Zeus is similar in profile but genetically different - i.e. not the same. I have never got the same flavors/aromas from Columbus as Zeus.

I will certainly be ordering some 2013 Zeus Crop from you! I've been searching for this and only one other place had it and only by the ounce.

Cheers.

dang double post!

what is a good Vacuum Sealer?

as long as it works it doesn't matter; the real issue with any item that has proprietary consumables is their running cost.
look at how much the bags cost on the different systems and what you needed it for then go from there. after that there is little difference.
my GF had an older foodsaver sealer so i found that Sam's has their bags in bulk for cheap, its just going to take me a few years at least to go through them.

back on topic, my hops shipped yah!

I just started considering buying one so I have not shopped around yet for one to know which one is good.
I don't see myself spending 100 on one though

Any of the Foodsaver line are pretty good and affordable. I've had one for over 10 yrs now...still going strong. It might take longer to do the same work (the vaccum motor on it is probably getting weaker) but it still keeps all kinds of things vaccum sealed - nuts, hops, crystal malt, meat, cheese....you name it.

You can get a mason jar adaptor for the bag vacuums. It sucks the air out so you can turn the jar upside down it hour the seal breaking. It works way better than the bags.

finally found some Summit in LB quantities. Thanks. Now I can continue my stock piling for my IPAs next year :) or at least the next 6 months :tank:

Holy crap. I ordered at 4:07 and I got a shipping notification at 4:22. Do you employ shipping ninjas or what?

:rockin: I love our crew. We just expanded our shipping staff and orders are going out the door more quickly than ever.

This reminds me of a recent conversation with my Warehouse Enforcer (that's what his business card says) the other day:

Me: Hey, I see an order was placed 18 minutes ago and it hasn't shipped yet..what's up with that?
Him: GET OFF MY BACK OLD MAN!

Oh..and I'm 31.

LOL we have a good time and appreciate your order and feedback.

:rockin: I love our crew. We just expanded our shipping staff and orders are going out the door more quickly than ever.

This reminds me of a recent conversation with my Warehouse Enforcer (that's what his business card says) the other day:

Me: Hey, I see an order was placed 18 minutes ago and it hasn't shipped yet..what's up with that?
Him: GET OFF MY BACK OLD MAN!

Oh..and I'm 31.

LOL we have a good time and appreciate your order and feedback.

Ha! I got my order yesterday afternoon and all was well except the pound of magnum was no longer vacuum sealed so I broke it down with the foodsaver into 1oz packages before throwing it into the deep freezer. I'll break down the others some day when the wife is out of the house. She hates the smell of hops, I love it! :D

Back