Beersmith- How do I Set it Up for a Batch Sparge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRock

Always Ready
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have my equipment set up with as this "Brew Pot (15 Gal) and Igloo/Gott Cooler (10 Gal)"

Mash Profile as "Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge"

When I do a 11 gallon batch the Brewsheet shows the Mash, then 3 rounds of Batch Sparge.

How do I get it to show Mash and 2 equal Sparges?

There have batches i've done where volume prohibited 2 sparges, and i had to do 3.

That being said, To see if you can do it in only 2, click details in the mash profile.

then in the batch spage section, adjust those settings. I have all 3 boxes checked, and the percent set to 100.

Thanks Stevea1210, I had to set the percent from 90 to 100. And also check the box to drain the tun before starting to Batch Sparge. That fixed it.

Thanks for the help.

Ron

I'm having a helluva time trying to do this. Just can't seem to get it to show me any info about batch sparges. I setup a medium body single infusion mash with batch sparging. In the main view of the recipe, it just listed the FULL amount of water for sparging, not divided at all. I tried clicking all 3 boxes in the batch sparge options under the detail view for the mash profile and setting it to 100%. Still, it only shows the full volume of sparge water, not divided into equal parts, even though I have that checked.

Am I missing something here? Where are you guys seeing these batch sparge volumes divided into equal volumes? I simply don't see it.

I'm having a helluva time trying to do this. Just can't seem to get it to show me any info about batch sparges. I setup a medium body single infusion mash with batch sparging. In the main view of the recipe, it just listed the FULL amount of water for sparging, not divided at all. I tried clicking all 3 boxes in the batch sparge options under the detail view for the mash profile and setting it to 100%. Still, it only shows the full volume of sparge water, not divided into equal parts, even though I have that checked.

Am I missing something here? Where are you guys seeing these batch sparge volumes divided into equal volumes? I simply don't see it.

The only place you will see those numbers is on the BrewSheet. At the top there is a button for "Preview BrewSheet" Click that and they will be listed on there

Sorry for diggin up an old thread but is there any risk of having too small of a sparge? What is the ideal water to grist ratio for batch sparging? Is there an ideal? Does it/would it change wiht each additional sparge?

My worry is that if you sparge too stiff you would not be able to stir in well enough and not get the efficiency out of the process that you are shooting for. If that's the case, why even bother with a second sparge?

Latest posts

Back