Tower chillers, tell me about yours.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WDT

Reaction score
I want to put some sort of a tower chiller on my Kegerator but want to hear about some of your experiences.

I run my beer lines through copper pipes that run up into the tower, which are wrapped in insulation. If you have more copper inside your fridge than in the tower, they will act as heat sinks and keep your lines cool.

I have cheap aquarium air pump that sits in the bottom of my keezer where the air is coldest. It pumps the cold air through 2 small tubes up to the center of my pass through tower.

I have cheap aquarium air pump that sits in the bottom of my keezer where the air is coldest. It pumps the cold air through 2 small tubes up to the center of my pass through tower.

This is a nice idea. How do you run the power cord?

This is a nice idea. How do you run the power cord?

My temp controller is installed through the collar of my keezer, and I just wired the aquarium pump into the power supply for the controller since it's right there. If I weren't so lazy I would have drilled a hole in the collar and installed a switch.

Back