Hops/Malt store?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichPetersen

Reaction score
First, my apologies if this question has been asked. I did a search and couldn't find another relevant post.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good place to buy hops and/or malt extract (dry)? I do like checking out my local homebrew shop but they don't always have what I am looking for and I would like to cut costs if I can. Not to mention they are the only shop in southern Arizona. Thanks in advance.

Of the ones I've had good experiences with, Austin Homebrew is closest to you. Those guys are great.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like my local shop is the best for me for DME but if anyone is interested "www.Hopsdirect.com" sells hops quite cheaply. 1 pound of pellets for $9.15. Even with shipping that is around half what I pay locally.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like my local shop is the best for me for DME but if anyone is interested "www.Hopsdirect.com" sells hops quite cheaply. 1 pound of pellets for $9.15. Even with shipping that is around half what I pay locally.

I get almost all my hops through them. Great company. Their pounds tend to be a little over 16oz, too.

I just ordered 7 lbs from yakimavalleyhops.com $86 after tax and shipping. Not a huge selection between now and October, but that's the case almost everywhere. You could also try nikobrew. If you're looking to stockpile extract, your LHBS might cut you a deal on a huge order.

Thanks again. No, not looking to stockpile, just looking for somewhere at least as cheap (preferably cheaper) than my local that will deliver. I live way out in the boonies and it's a bit of a drive (35 miles) to get to the brew shop.

Back