Beer Smith Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy360

Reaction score
Whenever I input a new recipe into Beersmith it automatically has a "Brew Date" and it gets added into the calendar feature. How do I prevent this from happening? I regularly input recipes I'd like to brew in the future but the program says that I'm brewing them on the day I input the recipe, not when I transfer it to the Brew Log. My calendar is full of beers that are in my recipes and have not been brewed.

Optimally, I'd like to have a "Recipe Added Date" in the Recipes section. Then a "Brew Date" in the Brew Log section and have this date added to the calendar.

I set BeerSmith to display only my Brew Log folder on the calendar. (Tools, Options, Calendar). I use a different folder for playing around with recipes, and only transfer them to the Brew Log folder when I brew them.

jds said:
I set BeerSmith to display only my Brew Log folder on the calendar. (Tools, Options, Calendar). I use a different folder for playing around with recipes, and only transfer them to the Brew Log folder when I brew them.

Thanks, I totally missed that option. I also only transfer recipes to the Brew Log when I brew them.

Thanks a ton as well. I've been adding recipies from all my different magazines and books to get a decent recipe section going. Now the calendar looks like I operate a regular brewery. LOL

Back