interesting things you have dry hopped with (besides hops)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jalapenos, fruit, toasted coconut, tea. We were talking yesterday about adding a Hawaiian pizza to the secondary (shortly after it was delivered). I think you can use just about anything. People joke about adding a box of fruity pebbles to a wheat beer. It might just work.

Jalapenos, fruit, toasted coconut, tea. We were talking yesterday about adding a Hawaiian pizza to the secondary (shortly after it was delivered). I think you can use just about anything. People joke about adding a box of fruity pebbles to a wheat beer. It might just work.

One of my coworkers was telling me that such thing as a pizza beer already exists. I'm not sure I want to believe that.

I've done vanilla previously. I've got a cream ale going now that's going to get hatch chiles added in a week (it got some in the boil also, got a nice flavor out of them, going for heat from the secondary).

I've done vanilla previously. I've got a cream ale going now that's going to get hatch chiles added in a week (it got some in the boil also, got a nice flavor out of them, going for heat from the secondary).

I just bottled the Jalapeno Cream Ale (1 gallon), and did a gallon with Serrano peppers and one with Habanero. Nice flavor in all three, although I won't get to taste the final product for three more weeks.

The only other item I frequently add to fermenters is extra carboy bungs...sometimes I have been known to drop 2 bungs into one batch.:confused:

Today added Cayenne pepper, cocoa, vanilla extract to a porter. In the past have used oranges, orange peel, lemons, lemon peel, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, mulling spice, cinnamon sticks. That's all I can remember.

Back