What Faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daver77

Reaction score
I finally designed my kegerator / bar and know what I want to do. I am getting these parts little by little and I'm making a list. I want quality faucets and I was thinking of Perlick 575. There's a creamer version what styles of beer is that good for? Every?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

You can use the 575 faucets for everything. When you want to use the creamer function, you push back on the handle. Otherwise, it's a normal pour. I have two fitted in my brew fridge door, with a third faucet being a 525SS (all of mine are the stainless versions)... It's a GREAT option for porters and stouts, but also adds a bit something to a good ale, IPA, or just about anything. Best thing is, as I already mentioned, you can do the creamer on demand. :rockin:

You can use the 575 faucets for everything. When you want to use the creamer function, you push back on the handle. Otherwise, it's a normal pour. I have two fitted in my brew fridge door, with a third faucet being a 525SS (all of mine are the stainless versions)... It's a GREAT option for porters and stouts, but also adds a bit something to a good ale, IPA, or just about anything. Best thing is, as I already mentioned, you can do the creamer on demand. :rockin:

I agree with everything you wrote, but I must add that I can get the same effect from my 525ss faucets by just holding them open a tiny bit - works great on all my beer if I want a bigger head.

if you want to save money get the cheaper faucets - but definitely buy ss perlicks either way.

I hate my 575. I don't get any creamer effect from it any better than a half opened 525 and there is a problem with how the 575 closes after being pushed back. I have two 525s and love them. (I have submitted a warranty claim with Perlick for the 575 but haven't heard anything.

No complaints whatsoever about my 525's. They work great, are easily broken down for cleaning, and they look pretty darned impressive to boot!

I hate my 575. I don't get any creamer effect from it any better than a half opened 525 and there is a problem with how the 575 closes after being pushed back. I have two 525s and love them. (I have submitted a warranty claim with Perlick for the 575 but haven't heard anything.

No issues with my 575ss faucets.

Back