Can't decide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
I am going either get a sausage stuffer or a "deli style" slicer but I can't only get one right now. The other will for sure be coming sometime in the future though, but I can't decide which one to get now. I am putting it up as a poll for help deciding. Suggestions and advice?

how much time do you spend sausage stuffing vs. deli slicing?

None of either, yet. I have that stuffer attachment for the KA mixer and that thing is just about worthless. I don't even bother screwing with it and only make loose sausage now. I really want to start making sausages but I also want to start making bacon and smoking large cuts and slicing them nice and thin for sandwiches.

I'd go with the sausage stuffer... sounds like you'd get more use out of it at this point... unless you eat a lot of sandwiches!!!

got a mandoline? you could use that temporarily to slice whilst stuffing to your hearts content with a sausage stuffer.

I had a slicer that I ended up giving to a friend, cause I just didn't use it enough.

I love my little 3lb stuffer and use it all the time.

Go for the stuffer, once you've started stuffing your own, you'll never want store bought again.

Moose

got a mandoline? you could use that temporarily to slice whilst stuffing to your hearts content with a sausage stuffer.

As a matter of fact I do have a mandoline and never really thought of tossing big hunk of meat on it. Might be worth a try.

I think I read somewhere that you have shun knives. Go with the stuffer....and give me your bacon.

If you would ever show up to brewday I might consider giving you some. errrrrr what? wait! Maybe I should rephrase that.

Dataz getting a "sausage stuffer"? Really? You're just going to tee that one up for us, are you?

Feck off! No one asked you.

Ok, I decided to go with option #3. I am rebuilding my UDS along with a 2nd one and a cart to hold them both.

Back