Carbonator Cap - for 2 liter pop bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed_Savage

Reaction score
Anybody use these? I was thinking about buying two of these. It seems like an easy practical way to transport your beer.

So how easy is it to use these? Just fill up from your draft tap and pressureize? These will only be used by me for transporting to partys, and club meetings. Not for long term storage.

They are a bit spendy. $12.00 each. So If you own one of these I would like your input. Are they worth it?

And then some.
I love these things. I always take samples and do a quick force carb, or they are great to take along homebrew pretty much anywhere. I just fille done up with Lake Walk Pale Ale and stuffed it in my suitcase and brought it on a cruise with me.

I'm getting ready to purchase a few more.

Sweet, thanks guys!!

So If my beer is already carbonated, all I do is just screw the top on and just pressurize right? What should your pressure be set at to pressurize? I don't want any exploding two liters in my kitchen.

And how long does it take to force carb from dead flat?

This might come in handy to take camping too! Im sold!!!!

Ed_Savage said:
Sweet, thanks guys!!

So If my beer is already carbonated, all I do is just screw the top on and just pressurize right? What should your pressure be set at to pressurize? I don't want any exploding two liters in my kitchen.

And how long does it take to force carb from dead flat?

This might come in handy to take camping too! Im sold!!!!

So I'm guessing you figured it out!

I like the carbonator caps, but its tricky to get the right carbonation. A warnign opn the instructions says not to go over 30 psi, so I don't. I usually just fill it to 30 psi and give the bottle a good shake while the gas is still on it. it will hiss as more C)2 gets absorbed into the bottle. Then I let it sit (chilled) for a while and its carbonated. If oyu store it for longer periods is when it gets to be a pain though. I've overcarbed more than one bottle by leaving too much pressure in it. Now when I know it is carbed sufficiently I only keep 5-10 lbs in it for storage.

BTW...thanks for the ebay link. I've considered getting those in the past.

Back