Gorst valley midwest hop production workshop- South central WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody in this forum attend the march workshop? Is it worth the time and money? I'm just a hobbyist but I am interested in learning more about growing hops...not necessarily for production $$$.

http://www.gorstvalleyhops.com
Disclaimer: I'm from Gorst Valley Hops and one of the presenters. That said, I honestly liked the workshop. A hobbyist would probably learn from the workshop, but it is definitely targeted at those looking to go commercial. There is a lot of time dedicated to trellis construction, harvesting equipment, oast design, etc. I learned a lot from the other presenters.

Since the first one was sold out, we are offering a second workshop on May 30th. Go to the aforementioned website for details. If you have any questions about the material, post here or send me an e-mail.

Is it worth the money? Probably not if you are only a hobbyist. You can check out any number of books on the topic from the library for free. If you are thinking of going commercial, then it probably is worth learning from our mistakes/hard lessons.

Back