SoperTour 2015 - NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from the ballast point in miramar and all I have to say is... Y'all are in for a treat. Holy crap that place is nice

Just got back from the ballast point in miramar and all I have to say is... Y'all are in for a treat. Holy crap that place is nice

You shoulda called me! Here I sat, all alone last night in San Diego!

I'm just jerking your chain- I was too tired to even walk down the street to Hamilton's. I got here at 6:10 (early enough), but I had awoken at 3 AM to drive to the airport and catch an early flight. No sleep on the plane, of course, and by the time I got the rental car and was on my way it was 7:30 (9:30 'my time') and I ended up with an instant soup and a cup of tea and one cold beer brougth from home before crawling into bed at 10. It was almost a steady 24 hours that I was going, and I was wiped out.

I'm staying in a cool little cottage that used to be an art studio in the back of someone's house in North Park, right on the edge of South Park, near Juniper Street, if you happen to be in the area. You have my number, so just call/text if you want me to buy you a beer.

You shoulda called me! Here I sat, all alone last night in San Diego!

I'm just jerking your chain- I was too tired to even walk down the street to Hamilton's. I got here at 6:10 (early enough), but I had awoken at 3 AM to drive to the airport and catch an early flight. No sleep on the plane, of course, and by the time I got the rental car and was on my way it was 7:30 (9:30 'my time') and I ended up with an instant soup and a cup of tea and one cold beer brougth from home before crawling into bed at 10. It was almost a steady 24 hours that I was going, and I was wiped out.

I'm staying in a cool little cottage that used to be an art studio in the back of someone's house in North Park, right on the edge of South Park, near Juniper Street, if you happen to be in the area. You have my number, so just call/text if you want me to buy you a beer.

Well shoot, haha. Next time!! Cool to hear that people are slowly starting to trickle in though!!

Well shoot, haha. Next time!! Cool to hear that people are slowly starting to trickle in though!!

If you want to get together later today for a beer, I'm game The stone place on 30th is closing for good but I'm hoping to get there today and have them have some good beer left

If you want to get together later today for a beer, I'm game The stone place on 30th is closing for good but I'm hoping to get there today and have them have some good beer left

Ya my wife's uncle owns that building so we were all pretty sad for multiple reasons haha. Sorry, im at the office all day today trying to cram out some work so i can partake in some festivities this week...

So excited for NHC this year...

Anyone up for lunch at Pt. Loma Seafood on Thursday?

Maybe me. I'm not judging unless they are totally desperate for judges, and I will know by later tomorrow. I was planning on judging, but they didn't have my name down so when the coordinator did contact me, I had already thought about my freedom that day and really don't want to judge unless I'm really needed.

I'm LOVING San Diego, and I have a lot to pack in in only 11 days!

I would love Pt Loma for lunch- I dont' know if I'll make it otherwise. I have a car that seats four.

Maybe me. I'm not judging unless they are totally desperate for judges, and I will know by later tomorrow. I was planning on judging, but they didn't have my name down so when the coordinator did contact me, I had already thought about my freedom that day and really don't want to judge unless I'm really needed.

I would love Pt Loma for lunch- I dont' know if I'll make it otherwise. I have a car that seats four.

Our club is pouring at the hospitality suite until 1pm on Thursday, so maybe around then?

Since you have a car, are you planning on venturing up to north county area at all?

CA_Mouse +1 confirmed for the Tour.

Headcount is currently at 29 so I have about 6 seats open.

Been busy the past week and not able to check in, but will plan on bring $30, extra cash and my wits for a 5:00, or earlier, meet up on Wednesday. I should be rolling in to town around 2pm that afternoon.

Yooper, I am in for a shirt if it ends up happening. I usually wear a medium or large, depends on the sizing, probably safer to say large.

If I didn't have a beer tasting dinner Thursday night, between keynote and pro-night, I might join in on that lunch, but I think THAT would be too much, even for me!! :drunk:

CA_Mouse +1 confirmed for the Tour.

Headcount is currently at 29 so I have about 6 seats open.

Soper, don't hold me to that +1. If there is someone that needs the seat, I'm sure that my friend can arrange to meet us at some point, seeing as they live in SD it shouldn't be a problem.

Our club is pouring at the hospitality suite until 1pm on Thursday, so maybe around then?

Yes, that would be great I think. Do you have my number? It's the same. I have yours, if it hasn't changed from last year.

Since you have a car, are you planning on venturing up to north county area at all?

I went to Torrey Pines and La Jolla yesterday (Karl Strauss) and O'brien's and then with the soper tour we're going to Miramar on Wednesday.

I also went to Mike Hess', and Hamilton's (where I met a cool guy who is the brewer at Monkey Paw) and got 'home' quite late last night. I took a walk with @toast26 and his friend, and I think the second trip through the canyon was a bit much for those youngsters. :D

@shooter I'll tell the t-shirt man you're interested. Light olive green in large ok?

Yes, that would be great I think. Do you have my number? It's the same. I have yours, if it hasn't changed from last year.

I went to Torrey Pines and La Jolla yesterday (Karl Strauss) and O'brien's and then with the soper tour we're going to Miramar on Wednesday.

I also went to Mike Hess', and Hamilton's (where I met a cool guy who is the brewer at Monkey Paw) and got 'home' quite late last night. I took a walk with @toast26 and his friend, and I think the second trip through the canyon was a bit much for those youngsters. :D

@shooter I'll tell the t-shirt man you're interested. Light olive green in large ok?

Oh Torrey Pines is the shizz. Just took some photos of my best friend getting engaged there last week actually. Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!! :tank:

That works

Okay, shirts are nine dollars except for the xxl or xxl- those are ten. I have @shooter @ca_mouse @kev211 ( others are responsible for their own order) and he's making a few more than needed. You can pick them up from a guy named dale on the bus. See you then!

Okay, shirts are nine dollars except for the xxl or xxl- those are ten. I have @shooter @ca_mouse @kev211 ( others are responsible for their own order) and he's making a few more than needed. You can pick them up from a guy named dale on the bus. See you then!

Only penalized $1 for drinking beer and needing an XL? I can deal with that :D:cross:

What is this Soper Tour thing? Sure wish I attended this. Hold on, what's this Soper Tour NHC 2015 shirt doing in my bag?!? Where did I get this, what are these pictures of Ballast Point and White Labs doing on my phone?!?!

What is this Soper Tour thing? Sure wish I attended this. Hold on, what's this Soper Tour NHC 2015 shirt doing in my bag?!? Where did I get this, what are these pictures of Ballast Point and White Labs doing on my phone?!?!

Shooter did you finally wake up? :drunk:

Back