Trader Joe's Inexpensive Beer Selection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamjonsharp

Reaction score
I never realized that Trader Joe's offers a bunch of different brews for real cheap! (like 6 bucks a sixer)

That is what I learned today.

And end.

YUP!!!!!!!

The last haul I took from there...

tjsbeers.jpg

The Stockyard Stout is Goose Island.
A lot of their west coast stuff comes from the same people that make Firestone Walker. I think it is just small batch contract brewed for TJ's
They also have some really good contract brew Belgians by Unibrou.
Think their beers are good deals? Check out their TJ's liquor and Charles Shaw(2 buck Chuck) wines.
AP

I check the beer racks every time I go to TJ's. Haven't seen that Dark, maybe next weekend as making a 100 mile drive to buy a sixer is a bit of a stretch.

I believe the Kennebunkport Pumpkin Ale is brewed by Shipyard or one of Alan Pugsley's other brewing enterprises. I remember when the Pumpkin Ale was put on sale for $2.99 a sixer back in April. I picked up two and forgot about one six-pack. Decided I'd pop one in the fridge and actually liked how the spices were more subdued.

My favorite discovery at TJ's is the Three Floyds Pride and Joy.

I enjoyed the shipyard stout, Not as impressed with their wheat beers. Their Hopfest, or whatever it was not remotely good, or even very hoppy. I like the fact that I can go there and get a mixed 6'er that includes some very good, hard to find beers from north coast, goose island, and other small breweries.

I just discovered Trader Joe's beer and for the most part I am pleased. I have tried trader joe's vienna lager, simpler times lager, and simpler times pilsner.

the vienna lager was suprisingly good for a $6.00 six pack and has 5.7% abv.

simpler times pilsner was $4.99, not great but not terrible and had 5.5% abv.

simpler times lager was $3.99 certainly not good beer but drinkable and at $6.2% abv it is a winner if you only have $4 and want to get drunk.

They also have some really good contract brew Belgians by Unibrou.

The 2008 Vintage Ale was awesome. Similar to Trois Pistoles IIRC.

Yesterday I got a sixer of Black Hart Stout, made by North Coast. Rich and roasty for a dry stout. I liked it.

The simpler times in Tempe, AZ are 2.99 for the lager and pilsner, and also for the red oval classic. Great buy for the friends you dont really like all that much. Also great for friends who wont appreciate the craft beer you have around.

Revvy,

I'm jealous that you can get Stone IPA at TJ's. No distribution on Stone brews here in IL. They do have North Coast Old Rasputin RIS for $7.49 for a 4 pk., which is cheaper than anywhere else I've found, so it's a small consolation.

EVERY vacation out of Colorado requires a search for ANY Trader Joe's within reasonable driving distance. We even chose camping sites in SoCal based on proximity to TJ's. We continue to advocate for ETOH sales at grocery stores to be able to have TJ's come to our state.

Love Trader Joe's!

Back