What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IPA and a Porter

P9200615.JPG

Golden ale, Zombie Dust clone, IPA with citra and mosaic hops and Robust Porter. Going to brew a RIS today.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Vienna lager, 2 saisons, American Amber, and American stout. Oh and a marzen that's been in the cooler at work since... You guessed it, March.

5 gallons cranberry wheat beer (primary bucket), 1 gallon bochet cyser (primary bucket), 5 gallons plain mead (secondary) 5 gallons cranberry cyser (secondary), 3 gallons oaked habanero ginger mead (secondary), 1 gallon lemon melomel (secondary), 1 gallon lemon-lime melomel (secondary).... good thing there's only one beer going, as I need more empty bottles!!!

4 gal of cinnamon apple cider
4.5 gal of apple/cinnamon/Italian Plum cider (an experiment)
5 gal of my Special Winter Amber Ale

Once September arrives, I'm all cider through the end of the year.

I have 5g of cider from my apple trees and 5g of a cherry (apple) cider. Hoping to do at least one more from apples before the pears are ready to press.

Makes me wish I started brewing at the old house around a country block from this new one. I had half an acre with a few apple trees. One was this hard green apple that tasted kinda like a granny smith, but shaped like a delicious. Popped when you bit into it with running juice. Had a red delicious in the front & a royal gala near the back of the house. Black oak & maple trimmed for smoker woods too. I kinda miss it sometimes. Had wild grapes for wine making too.

Right now, I have an amazing 7.35 ABV rye ipa using the zombie dust hop schedule. Currently dry hopping with 3 oz Citra.

ESB that i salvaged from a stuck sparge Saturday-what an ordeal. Going to rethink my brewhouse.

Told ya ..... :D:D:D

The mess is going to be worth it, though! I tasted the last sample I took for a gravity reading; mostly flat, but very tasty. And it's going to be a strong one: the calculators are telling me that it's around 13% ABV right now, and the gravity is still dropping. (1.120 OG, 1.024 at 6 days, 1.020 at 8 days)

EDIT: I think I figured out how my OG was so much higher than the OG expected in the recipe, in that I accidentally partial-mashed my steeping grains instead of just steeping them :D

10 gal - Vienna Lager (dry hopped)
10 gal - Alt

now at 48 degrees and dropping....will hold at 38 once it gets there.

5.5 gallons of caramel apple cider. Been going about a week with double the sugar and using champagne yeast. OG 1.075. Haven't taken a second reading since I started fermenting. Need to do that. :)

Half-Baked Pumpkin Ale.

A little late to be making it, but the heart makes what the heart wants, whenever it wants it...

1411479282836.jpg

A very fast-fermenting oatmeal stout. Temperatures were carefully controlled the whole time (and low! 62 degrees for 1272 yeast) and this fermentation took off like mad on Sunday night after a lag time of maybe 10 hours, and was pretty much done Tuesday night. Proper starter plus O2 = happy yeast.

6 gallons Lambic, soon to be kriek
5.5 gallons saison
5.5 gallons dry hopping pale ale
5 gallons apfelwein
2- 1 gallon saisons with different sour dregs
1 gallon buffalo sweat with brett b
1 gallon long strange tripel with brett b

10 gal of single decocted Oktoberfest fermenting with Alt yeast
10 gal of 9.5%abv imperial pumpkin porter
10 gal of saison fermented with yeast harvested from Prairie Standard
5gal of Belgian Dubbel with homemade candi sugar
5gal of some sort of frankensour

A citra/centennial/cascade IPA dry hopping with about 150g of the 3 hops.

Left to right:

Stone 15th-Inspired Black IIPA

Ed Wort 's Apfelwein

Zombie Dust clone (just bottled)

5 gallons blond sour
5 gallons gold sour
3 gallons barley wine with brett

I bottled today, so all I have left are 4 gal of holiday spiced cider and 4 gal of a tester: Apple and Italian plum cider. From everything I've read, that one's at least a year in the bottle to be drinkable.

I bottled 5 different one gallon batches yesterday and now all my fermenters are empty, including my buckets. But I have the ingredients for a mixed berry cider coming up. Five gallon batch. I just don't have enough bottles to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bier Munchers Black pearl! Smells great right now should be ok at thanksgiving and great for Christmas! :D

Back