keezer completed, now regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdb185

Reaction score
thanks to HBT, i finished my first keezer build (accept for covering up the unsightly foamboard and wiring). it was supposed to be a jester inspired coffin style build, but since i'll be going off to law school in 4 months i decided to keep it simple for now. here's a few rough pics for ya.

keezer001.jpg
[/IMG]
keezer002.jpg
[/IMG]

my wife got me the GE 7.0 and a few parts in return for me writing a research paper for her, LOL. i kegged my first batch last night, a la fin du monde clone. set the primary regulator to ~45psi. i then attempted to set the secondary at 14psi, what bersmith recommended. i bled the keg pressure all the way down and adjusted the regulator screw until it was right on 14psi. a few hours later i checked it, and it was sitting on 10 (with the gas still hooked up and running). so i adjusted it back up to 14psi and left it. checked it this morning and it was on 16psi. so i bled some pressure from the keg and set it to 14psi again.

my question is, what's is going on with the secondary regulator? maybe it's something i'm doing because i've never fooled with them before. hell, it took me 30min to figure out that i had to hook the gas line up to the keg before i could adjust the secondary regulator pressure, LOL. so does the pressure always creep up and down like that? am i doing something wrong, or is something wrong with my regulator? thanks.

Mine doesn't go down but it certainly will creep up on me. If I want 12psi then I set it to 10. Within no time at all it'll read 12.

i thought it might be due to temp changes in the keg? does it hold steady after a day or so, or do i have to just keep checking it all the time?

does it hold steady after a day or so, or do i have to just keep checking it all the time?

Yeah, mine will hold steady. For me it was all about learning my setup and how it works. If I want 12psi I set it to 10psi 'cause I know it'll rise 2psi. Then I just leave it. I pour and it drops to 10 but then rises again. Is this right? Don't know but that's how mine works and it seems to work perfectly.

Back