What to brew for Spring Break?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
Ok, I haven't brewed for a month because of numerous irons in the fire. I usually do a batch every week and a half at least if not every week. I've got five kegs on tap and 2 in the closet but I'm getting jumpy. :ban:

Turns out next week is my Spring Break! I'm definitely brewing BrewPastor's Water Into Barleywine, an Irish Red, a Centennial Pale Ale, probably a DeathBrewer inspired wheat, and a Moosedrool clone. I'll probably drop at least two batches of apfelwein in there as well. I need at least 2 more recipes to do for next week.

I'll keep you guys posted for the BREWING MARATHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockin:

I'm thinking possibly another IPA (variation of the Bells Two Hearted Clone). I'm open to suggestions. :mug:

Nice, I've actually never done an ESB. I guess the time is now! Thanks for the suggestion Wildwood. :mug:

You cant go wrong with an IPA, but thats just the hop head in me, yes, I vote for a big smash mouth IPA, good luck with whatever you choose.:mug:

Yeah, I've had an IPA of some sort on tap for at least 6 months. I think I'll keep the IPA's going! :)

I just entered this recipe in a local contest. It came out great. I almost didn't enter it because I'm almost out of the kegged version and those three bottles started to look good. :D

Wildwood ESB—10 gallons

20 lb. Maris Otter
1.5 lb. US Crystal Malt 60
.5 lb. US Crystal Malt 120

Mash for 60 min @ 154 degrees
Mash out 10 min @ 160 degrees
Fly sparge 90 min.

Boil for 60 min.
3 oz. US Goldings (pellets) @ 60 min. (start of boil)
.5 oz. Willamette (plugs) @ 20 min
.5 oz. US Goldings (pellets) @ 20 min
.5 oz. Willamette (plugs) @ 0 min.
.5 oz. US Goldings (pellets) @ 0 min
4 Tablespoons Ozark Sorghum @ 5 min.
4 packets English Ale yeast pitched @ 80 degrees

OG: 1.057
FG: 1.023
ABV 4.5%

Wow! I haven't brewed a IIPA in literally years. I might have to try something like that. I'll have to dig deep to find all of those hops though.

:mug:

Back