need help with ingredients and recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian kay

Reaction score
well i have moved from kits:ban: and now going to try my first all grain Brew:rockin: i have one recipe i got for a pale ale and all my ingredients witch i'll be brewing this weekend:p (what can i use in place of the dark brown suger i have load of corn suger and young's brewing suger)

Pale ale recipe
Light dried malt extract 1.25 kg
Soft dark brown sugar 500 gm
Crushed crystal malt 350 gm
Northern brewer hops 50 gm
Goldings hops 50 gm
Irish moss 1 tsp

Now my problem is i ordered other ingredients last week (maris otter extra pale, vienna malt,perle) and i have light dried malt,northern brewer hops and goldings hops 50g of each and 150g of crystal malt left over from above recipe. So can anyone help and give me a good recipe i can do with what i have left and if i need to get some more ingredients to add to what i have. I'm a bit lost so some help will be really apriceated

P.S. i like pale ales and larger beers, this might help with what type of recipe:drunk:

I would add zero brown or corn sugar. replace it with, oh say 600grams of dried extract instead.

Latest posts

Back