Aquarium controller HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
I received my controller today for my keezer build, but no instructions at all. Can someone provide me with a schematic showing how to wire this in, please. I am wanting to connect the freezer to this, and just use it as a keezer, not for fermenting or anything like that. Thank you in advance!!

image-3492226650.jpg

It's printed right on the back. The temp probe goes to 7+8 it doesn't matter which wire goes to either 7 or 8.
Power goes to 3 and 4, hot and neutral doesn't matter.
Your hot wire that goes to the keezer goes into 1 and 2 goes to the hot from your power outlet.

Not really, computer stuff and car stuff wouldn't be a problem.

I used a couple old computer power cords to wire this exact model and it worked out well. They were rated for 13 amps, which is higher than this controller can take anyway.

There's a diagram for wiring these on the big ebay aquarium controller thread. Just search for single stage controller wiring or some close proximity and you'll find it. It's pretty simple, and I don't have much wiring experience and still say that.

I think that I will wire it tomorrow the way it was described on the forum, but use the second outlet for a lamp or something other than a heater

I think that I will wire it tomorrow the way it was described on the forum, but use the second outlet for a lamp or something other than a heater
Unlike the STC-1000, the WILLHI WH7016C is a single stage controller. You can't wire it for heating and cooling at the same time even if you wanted to.

Good luck on the wiring.

raouliii said:
Unlike the STC-1000, the WILLHI WH7016C is a single stage controller. You can't wire it for heating and cooling at the same time even if you wanted to.

Good luck on the wiring.

I'm just hoping that wiring it into a outlet and placing in a hobby box will work

Back