What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Onto some zombie dust ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389209562.726315.jpg

Damn... Wish I knew that was an option at HEB when I was in San Antonio over Christmas. Will have to get my mom to mule some when she comes up in a week or two. That, and Jester King from Gabriel's superstore.

That, or batch 4.

Please pardon my brevity, this was sent from my mobile device.

The bulk bins at HEB are great. Although, I temporarily have to ignore my germaphobic tendencies to shy away from things like bulk bins that are open to just anyone (including snot nosed children) sticking their hand in. The same reason I don't use the salt, pepper, ketchup, hot sauce, etc. that are on the table at restaurants. Yes, I'm aware of how crazy I am. ;)
For the bulk stuff though, I just try to scoop from the very back where it's less likely anyone has touched.
Hope your mom is able to bring you some along with some JK. Great brewery!

The bulk bins at HEB are great. Although, I temporarily have to ignore my germaphobic tendencies to shy away from things like bulk bins that are open to just anyone (including snot nosed children) sticking their hand in. The same reason I don't use the salt, pepper, ketchup, hot sauce, etc. that are on the table at restaurants. Yes, I'm aware of how crazy I am. ;)
For the bulk stuff though, I just try to scoop from the very back where it's less likely anyone has touched.

Good point, as an owner of a snot nosed child. :)

Any other suggestions for my mother to mule?

Good point, as an owner of a snot nosed child. :)

Any other suggestions for my mother to mule?

Haha, yeah I own one as well. I'm constantly cringing at all the things she does and kids her age do. But she's not as bad as some her age though. I've seen kids at restaurants put the entire top portion of salt, pepper or Parmesan cheese shakers in their mouth. Disgusting! Alright, I have to stop talking about this before I get sick. lol
I would say anything from JK would be good. I'm not sure if they get Karbach or Buffalo Bayou in San Antonio, but those are two good breweries from Houston that are worth checking out. Southern Star Burried Hatchet Stout is another one worth trying if its in San Antonio. It's my favorite local year round stout.

Right on. If I got a hold of hatch chiles, I'd brew a beer with them. I'd make green chile chicken stew with the rest, as I have in the past. I miss New Mexico.

I'm about to go outside in the yard for my "lunch break" and haul some wood into the house and garage. It's cold as sheet here and I need heat for tonight.

Im going to New Mexico tomorrow, you want some hatch chiles?

That's why I reach in the back of those bins with my unwashed-unsanitized hand and grab what I need. :D

I think I read somewhere that Rogue is culturing critters from there for their follow up to Beard Beer.

Back-of-the-Dried-Okra-Bin-at-Wes's-HEB Beer. :eek:

I think I read somewhere that Rogue is culturing critters from there for their follow up to Beard Beer.

Back-of-the-Dried-Okra-Bin-at-Wes's-HEB Beer. :eek:

I wouldn't be surprised by what could be cultured from there. I might suggest it to Rogue.

If you look to the left of the posts it shows when you joined, number of posts and liked info...when you posted the Old Guardian it showed that was your first post (although it will always show your total count in the system, so if you look at it now it will say 2)

Haha, yeah I own one as well. I'm constantly cringing at all the things she does and kids her age do. But she's not as bad as some her age though. I've seen kids at restaurants put the entire top portion of salt, pepper or Parmesan cheese shakers in their mouth. Disgusting! Alright, I have to stop talking about this before I get sick. lol
I would say anything from JK would be good. I'm not sure if they get Karbach or Buffalo Bayou in San Antonio, but those are two good breweries from Houston that are worth checking out. Southern Star Burried Hatchet Stout is another one worth trying if its in San Antonio. It's my favorite local year round stout.

Karbach and southern star are in San antonio. Try also branchline or ranger Creek, and 5 stones. All good

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm technically self employed, so what I'm paid takes into account the use of my own vehicle, equipment, etc. I do work through my own company and sub-contract a portion of what I do through another.

Does your pay also factor in some extra gas for beer runs?

I swear, I have to stop drinking so early in the day. I am trying to pour a water now. Will be on the choo choo train in a few hours.

I'll be loaded like a freight train, flying like an airplane!

Karbach and southern star are in San antonio. Try also branchline or ranger Creek, and 5 stones. All good

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks to both of you for suggestions. Wish I had quit lurking before I went to San Antonio!

Just grabbed a Costco case of Daytime. Anyone want anything from the DC area?

Thanks to both of you for suggestions. Wish I had quit lurking before I went to San Antonio!

Just grabbed a Costco case of Daytime. Anyone want anything from the DC area?

Promptly put it back for a mix of New Belgium. Really living the Aramis Hop Kitchen beer. Bonus - basically got the Rampant and Rewind bottles for free!

10 ounces of cider + 6 ounces of Captain Morgan's

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389220196.930152.jpg

A carb check bottle of my lawnmower (1.9%) Citra pale while prepping salmon and bok choi.

Needs more carb, even after three weeks.

1389221598162.jpg

A carb check bottle of my lawnmower (1.9%) Citra pale while prepping salmon and bok choi.

Needs more carb, even after three weeks.

1.9%? That's not lawnmower, that's NA beer! My "lawnmower" beers are 7%. ;)

My jolly holly ale. No pic, every pic I took looked terrible.

I have two jobs, two bosses. I want to punch them both in the ****ing face right now. Both are absolutely annoying today. One more than the other...I think I'm quitting my second job. She's a bigger headache than a paycheck.

Been slacking on the liver abuse lately. For that I have to apologize. 🍻

Having one of these to clear the palate while brushing off some pizza stones.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389223219.118056.jpg

Latest posts

Back