What's the fastest brew you have ever made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_tripp

Reaction score
I'm making a Dry Irish Stout from Northern Brewer and the O.G. was 1.052 and 6 days later it as at 1.014. I took a break from brewing and I forgot when I can rack to the keg.

On another note, what was the fastest brew you have made from boiling pot to beer glass? What was it, and how long did it take?

easy rule: wait a month, then keg.

Quickest brew for me was Edwort's Haus Pale Ale. I let it go 14 days in primary, kegged and force-carbed. Tastiest when young IMO.

Probably 10-12 days. I could probably do 5 days if I was trying to prove a point. Dry stout is an excellent candidate for a very fast turnaround.

10 days. Racked a mild to a keg after 10 days in the primary. It was ready to drink that day.

Wow, did you actually drink it that day. I heard you can force carb and drink in one day, but not sure how to do that.

You can either use a Stone or shake the hell outta it..lol....I use a Stone...Of course,co2 is required for both...

Wow, did you actually drink it that day. I heard you can force carb and drink in one day, but not sure how to do that.

A mild needs like 1.5 volumes of CO2. I think I had crashed the fermenter the night before, and hit it with a low pressure, gave it a little shake, and it was perfect. I let it age in the keg for a few weeks but I can't really say it got much better. It was pretty good that day. I think I had like 3 pints, but since it was a mild I was not even buzzed.

Well, I"m not proud of it, but I think I just did my second fastest beer today. A "new" HBTer stopped over, and I had him sample some beers. He said he didn't like IPAs, but I asked him to try one. He said he liked it, and asked for the recipe. When I looked at the recipe, I noticed I brewed it on May 8. Today is May 21. So, the beer is 13 days old, and had an OG of over 1.066. It's been dryhopped already, and kegged. As far as I know, he's still alive.

Well, I knew it was young but I guess I didn't realize that it was only 13 days old. I didn't try it until tonight. It's young and a bit "off" but not bad.

The only other beer I remember drinking this young was a mild that I was drinking at day 9, so I could bottle it and get it send out for our "10der and mild" challenge a while back.

Kegging is good and bad. Good because it's convenient. Bad because it's way to easy to carb up the beer and drink it before it's even conditioned.

+1 on irish stout. i brewed one and was drinking it in 14 days. the whole 5 gallons was gone at a party in 1 night.

typically i dont really drink any of my brews for at least 2 months. 1 month primary and 1 month in bottles, but that one my buddy let me use his keg.

Ordinary bitter 9 days grain to glass. Was pitched on half a cake and was 1.039. Tasty as hell at 10 days lol

I heard you can force carb and drink in one day, but not sure how to do that.

I bottle condition but I often force-carb a bottle or two just to do a taste test. To do that I use a Carbonator top on a Pepsi bottle and a regulator set to about 30psi. Then I shake the hell out of it. (Actually it's worked at 60psi but that's probably not a good idea; that's likely pushing the limit of Pepsi bottles.)

well it aint a beer but my apfelwein will be ready to bottle in a couple of days and its been in primary for 8 days now. im not carbing all of them so those could be ready bottling day. not well aged but i suspect drinkable in 12 days(not bad for a drink that usually takes 6-8 weeks)

I made a belgian blonde that was completely done fermenting after 6 days. I kegged it on the 7th day and drank a glass on the 8th but it was still too yeasty and wasn't carbed enough yet.

The beer tasted absolutely amazing on the 10th day and actually lost some flavor a week later. I realized that turning the keg upside down and returning it upright actually made it taste great again, but shaking it too much made it suck.

Next time I'll probably bottle my Belgians, I hear dubbels take quite a while to condition.

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale Clone. The keg went so fast I am sure it had a leak somewhere.:tank:

What is a stone.

airstone.jpg

(EDIT: AHS Session Series Brown Porter, 17 days just like they say)

I can't really say, but I've had a RIS a friend made that was 9.5% and ONE week kettle to tap. He makes big beers and is has the method down solid.

All grain- 6 days grain to glass. It is an Amber ale with a 60 and 1 minute hop additions. Not going to go into the process but I did use Biofine Clear and an 8 hour cold crash in my freezer. Drinking it now and it is awesome.

Blonde ale brewed last Sunday, drinking this Sunday . Call it 8 days grain to glass, including cold crash & carbing w a stone.

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

Back