Favorite Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sum1Stu

Reaction score
Hi guys, was in a chatty mood, was wondering what you all are into!!

What is your all time favorite beer recipe that you cloned/copied ? And why ?

I was also wondering if any of you made adjunct lagers, to impress your lawnmower beer drinking friends ?

My favorite beer is Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald, a FANTASTIC porter IMO. Ive only tried to brew a porter once, not necessarily a clone, but one very similar. I love teh robust porter style and want to brew a similarly fantastic one. It still aging so I cant tell you how it came out.

I havent done a clone yet, but if I did, it'd be Berkshire Beer Company's River Ale. I'd probably make it every weekend.

I make a Snowcap clone that I really like.:)

All Grain Recipe - Pyramid Snow Cap ::: 1.080/1.025 (6 Gal)
Grain Bill (75% Efficiency assumed)
16 lbs. - 2 Row Pale Malt
1.26 lbs. - Crystal Malt (60L)
1/2 lb. - Chocolate Malt
Hop Schedule (44 IBU)
1 oz. - Nugget - 60 min.
1 oz. - Fuggles - 30 min.
1 oz. - E.K. Goldings - 10 min.
Yeast
White Labs English Ale Yeast (WLP002) - 1800 ml starter
Mash/Sparge/Boil
Mash at 153° for 60 min.
Sparge as usual
Cool and ferment at 68° to 70°
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Gravity: 17.3
Alcohol By Volume: 7.00%
Malts: 2-Row Barley, Caramel, Chocolate Malt
Hops: Willamette, East Kent Goldings
Availability: October - February
Best Paired With: Shellfish, rich game and even rich chocolatey desserts

I like my Black Butte Porter clone though I have to say Yooper's DFH 60 is an excellent clone too.

Hi guys, was in a chatty mood, was wondering what you all are into!!

What is your all time favorite beer recipe that you cloned/copied ? And why ?

I was also wondering if any of you made adjunct lagers, to impress your lawnmower beer drinking friends ?

My favorite ? Elephant lager knockoff ( in the pulldown) .No need to answer why. Yes, I make an adjunct beer. Happy Daze pre-prohibition style lager. Lot's of folks like that style of beer. A long way from todays BMC.

Yooperbrew-which 60 minute recipe did you use? looking for a brew this weekend and this just might be it.
Thanks!
Tom

Latest posts

Back