Charging Sugar misteak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsummers

Reaction score
My wife and I just got around to bottling our second batch tonight. We must have both been too tired to think tonight, but we added 3/4 cup of corn sugar to the 5gal bucket, and stirred it in. We completly forgot to disolve it first it boiled water first!!!

There wasn't much we could do to fix it at this point, so we went ahead and bottled it.

Anyone have any idea if the yeast will still be able to break down the sugars? Will it just take longer than normal to carbonate at this point, or should we prepare to drink some flat beer?

Thanks!

Well, I should have been a good newb and read the old posts first. I found another thread answering my exact questions. You all seem very knowledgable. Thanks!

:mug:

rsummers said:
Charging Sugar misteak

There is actually a little known rule around here which states that as long as the content of your message is not more flawed than its title, you will not be punished.

:)

Back