NE Arkansas Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostcheesehead

Reaction score
[Hoping I'm not yelling into a void...]

I moved to Jonesboro about a month ago and am on the hunt for some homebrew buddies. Craigshead being a dry county, I figure that I can't be the only one who's brewing to survive. Ideally, I'd like to get the homebrew scene really chugging around here, but until then just chatting about brewing will suit me nicely.

So the itty bitty homebrew shop here in Jonesboro is having a brewing class this Sunday, November 10. The info is on their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/neabrew

I'm planning on stopping by to meet whoever shows up. I'm also bringing a sign up sheet for a new club I'd like to start, so if anyone is interested in getting together this is a good opportunity to meet. See you then!

I drive near Jonesboro each year when I come south. I've never seen any indication of beer or brewing in that area- but if I lived there I sure would have to brew! Good luck on your club.

I drive near Jonesboro each year when I come south. I've never seen any indication of beer or brewing in that area- but if I lived there I sure would have to brew! Good luck on your club.

Thanks! I just moved here about 6 months ago and was pleased to see that a brewshop had recently opened. After talking to a few people, I realized that there is a smattering of brewers in the area, so I figured why not bring them all together.

After all, this is a dry county, and driving far to get your suds gets really, really annoying. I hope your next trip out this way finds Jonesboro a little less sleepy and a lot more brew-happy.

It's tonight. I've heard murmurings of interest, so hopefully there'll be more people there than just me and the brew shop owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Though I didn't get to attend the first meet, I was happy to attend last night's second meeting that I deemed a great success!:mug:

Being a complete n00b to the brew scene, I sort of expected to feel out of place but was surprised at the very easy nature of the get together.

Thanks for the work you've done to get this thing started!

P.S. This is Josh, BTW.

P.P.S. Love the Chairhead Chippendale costume! :)

Hey Josh, thanks for showing! It was a good time, and hopefully we've now inspired you to put those muscadine vines you have to good use! Hope to see you at the next meeting or sooner!

I just saw this post in the recent posts list. I didn't know you were on here.

Whats up? This is Marc... no, not Marc and Amber, the other Marc!

You have found my secret hideout. This forum is great. Tuns of helpful people and where I have learned everything.

Yesterday Marc and Amber came over when I was brewing to see my setup. I think I convinced him to go electric with a Keggle.

The last meeting was great. Loved all the different styles that were shared.

Welcome to Jonesboro. And I'll forgive you if you are a Cheesehead!

P.S. If we could get Yooper to a meeting, that would be like having a celebrity!

I just saw this post in the recent posts list. I didn't know you were on here.

Whats up? This is Marc... no, not Marc and Amber, the other Marc!

You have found my secret hideout. This forum is great. Tuns of helpful people and where I have learned everything.

Yesterday Marc and Amber came over when I was brewing to see my setup. I think I convinced him to go electric with a Keggle.

The last meeting was great. Loved all the different styles that were shared.

Welcome to Jonesboro. And I'll forgive you if you are a Cheesehead!

P.S. If we could get Yooper to a meeting, that would be like having a celebrity!

We'll be in the area next Saturday- but not able to stop, unfortunately. We'll be driving about 9-10 hours that day, heading for northern Illinois. I wish I could stop sometime- that would be great. We drive through AR twice a year- once heading south in January, and once heading back north in March. I'm glad to see a homebrew store and homebrewers thriving there- we've been loading up with a few beers to have with us in motels because it seems like everywhere we stop is a dry county!

Hey Folks.... I'll be back in the states for 28 days end of April through the end of May. If you are meeting up during that time drop me a line. It's a couple hours but I would like to join you!

We'll be in the area next Saturday- but not able to stop, unfortunately. We'll be driving about 9-10 hours that day, heading for northern Illinois. I wish I could stop sometime- that would be great. We drive through AR twice a year- once heading south in January, and once heading back north in March. I'm glad to see a homebrew store and homebrewers thriving there- we've been loading up with a few beers to have with us in motels because it seems like everywhere we stop is a dry county!

There are many places in the state one may drive 50 miles to get a beer, and even then it will be a "beer and wine only" county, meaning no liquor. Thankfully I live in Conway County which is an Oasis, we suck in alllllllllllllllllll those tax dollars the surrounding counties are missin out on.

Being near Peti Jean I'm a little far from you guys up in mosquitoville but I would still like to keep up on the latest happenings from you area. I'd love to start a club here in the River Valley area eventually. Who knows maybe one day we could have a real homebrewing competition!!

Hey guys , interested in a brew club , been too lazy to get one started. Also interested in a bottle share group , not only homebrew but beer that we can't get around here that we can share

It looks like the next time the Jonesboro Area Brewers are getting together may be May 3, which is Big Brew Day. I'll be sending out more details soon, but right now the plan is to have people set up their brewhouses in the NEABS parking lot and brew together. The date of the next official meeting is still in the air, but in the meantime, maybe we can all brew a batch together.

As for a bottle share, I would love to do that, too. It may wind up being a separate club or group, but it's something I'm definitely down with.

Back