Another Coffin Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markwondi

Reaction score
Started my coffin keezer build and would like to thank all those on here that have documented theirs over the last couple years. You have been a big help and inspiration for my project :mug:

Started with a Frigidaire 8.8 cu. ft chest freezer:

ChestFreezer.jpg

Built the base using 2x6's and some 3" casters from Home Depot:

Base.jpg

Found a local sawmill to source my Appalachian Red Oak. I haven't decided on a stain yet, I'm going to go get a few samples and test them.

P1010366.jpg

Here's the finished cabinet as of today. I'll get started on the top and coffin build later this week:

KeezerPanel.jpg

P1010396.jpg

P1010403.jpg

P1010399.jpg

Got started on the top trim and tap tower tonight. Decided to scrap my original idea and build something more unique that also allowed room for pint glass storage. I saw someone else on here do something similar and I really liked it.

P1010411.jpg

P1010410.jpg

Got started on the top trim and tap tower tonight. Decided to scrap my original idea and build something more unique that also allowed room for pint glass storage. I saw someone else on here do something similar and I really liked it.

Nice!

I believe you are referring to this one by Reeg68bird:

I had wanted to do something like that as well, but didn't want to deal with the angled cuts.

Well, the woodwork is now complete. Time to start the electrical and plumbing, then on to staining.

Keezerfinished.jpg

Keezerfinished2.jpg

keezerfinished3.jpg

Been a long while since an update. Haven't been able to work on the keezer too much, but I did finally receive my granite tile and got started on the staining process. Only got the tap tower completed tonight:

Tile.jpg

Taptower2.jpg

Taptower4.jpg

Also got the electrical completed:

KeezerElectrical3.jpg

The stain color and the granite tiles really work well with one another. Nice work! Can't wait to see the finished product and pics of your first pint! :mug:

Well, it's all stained and poly coated. Time to start the tiling and finish the plumbing and the beer will finally be flowing!

Bar1.jpg

Bar2.jpg

Awesome job!
How'd you affix your tiles to the plywood bottom? & did you grout between the tiles?

Thank you,
Colton

You have inspired me sir. I am looking to start on a coffin keezer build soon but being new to the build i had a few questions.

1. Are the lines running to your taps part of the refigeration or are they exposed to ambient tempratures.
2. How are lines exiting the freezer, did you essentially build a keezer, then a coffin around it?

Perhaps some pictures of the back would help.

NICE WORK!!:tank:

Back