American Amber Ale Red Rye Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to set this up in brewers friend, is the american munich 6L or 10L?

Considering brewing this using maple sap as my brew water. It's my first time trying this, but the sap should boost the OG, dry the beer out a tad and add a bit of woodsy flavour. My only concern would be how the Columbus hops play with any woodsy notes I may get from the sap. Can anyone who's brewed this give me a bit of feedback on the hop characteristics?

Considering brewing this using maple sap as my brew water. It's my first time trying this, but the sap should boost the OG, dry the beer out a tad and add a bit of woodsy flavour. My only concern would be how the Columbus hops play with any woodsy notes I may get from the sap. Can anyone who's brewed this give me a bit of feedback on the hop characteristics?
I just did this about 5 weeks ago ... sap as the brew water in a double IPA with all Columbus hops (my homegrown 2021 crop). I'd guess I got about 15 gravity points from the sap; that's just an estimate, but I would've expected (starting with water) to come in at about 1.065, this one was a 1.080. Repitched the wort onto a previous batch (Maple Red Ale) that used two packets of US-05. It's not fully carbonated yet, but I took the first bottle to LHBS the other day ... we all agreed it was delicious. So I say, go for it!

Back