Another reason why some "beer snobs" are idiots.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like someone needs to get the sand out of their who-ha, and there was a lot whining in that first post.

Here's something that guy will probably never realize, if you dont like, dont support it. Dont go around crying like.....

....well you get the point.

Ok... I could not see any replies since I'm not signing up for that site just to see them. But... What's the big deal? From his descriptions I was expecting something a bit more... Extreme.

I definately agree with some of the posts that the thread would have been deleted or locked sooner if it wasn't started by someone related to them. I can't tell you how many times I get the rss feed and then click on it to read the thread and it has been deleted.

It was a fun read though...think I'll go buy me some Clown Shoes tonight.

edit: this one just just deleted in like 30 seconds:

Let's see how many threads about Clown Shoes can get locked...

Is this guy (girl?) bitching because they use a little bit of sex (and I use the term VERY loosely) to sell beer? Has anybody seen a BMC commercial lately? How is simply having a black woman with angel wings on a beer considered racist and sexist? Uhm... A black woman is not an inherently offensive image. Tramp stamp is a slang term in common use, not some derogitory sexist thing. And the robot? Come on... that's BARELY suggestive.

I couldn't see the remainder of the thread, but that opener is just lame.

i understand completely, i hate to look at funny **** while i'm drinking. thats the one thing that really pisses me off! (seriously though, wtf? doesn't this guy have anything better to worry about?)

I'm going to return some bottles today, and buy a few more.

Now they're all going to be Clown Shoes beers.

I like their beers, and their labels.

:mug:

Talk about judging a book by its cover...The guy needs to focus on the taste, not the label.

Having said that, I've not been impressed with a single Clown Shoes beer. They clearly need to use clever labels to sell their beer cause the taste alone won't do it.

These Clown Shoes guys are pushing the limits of decency and it shouldn't be tolerated! Laugh all you want but this form of suggestive marketing just leads to EVIL things like dancing or drinking! Sinners, sinners, SINNERS! (removes tongue from cheek)

What the hell is his beef with THIS ad?

22-oz-lube.jpg

I mean, it's a black ale, black like OIL, oil is a lubricant, beer is considered a SOCIAL Lubricant. Hence the name.

What is so objectionable about that?

This "guy's" name is Candace and last name rhymes with Maelstrom ( well kinda ).

Quote honestly, I've bought a few Clown Shoes beers and could describe one label. The first thing I looked for was the beer style.

The outrage with the Lubrication label is that they believe the robot has a "dong". I read about this on beernews.org yesterday. Seems like its just sensitive people crying.

The beer police are invading my head! Next thing you know,they'll complain about the white cougar I ps'd on my label as being unkind to/exploiting animals...geez.

The outrage with the Lubrication label is that they believe the robot has a "dong". I read about this on beernews.org yesterday. Seems like its just sensitive people crying.

****in idiots.....he holding one of these!

642_gas_pump.jpg

seriously has the world really come to an end, and all that's left are mongoloid idiots and us?

The poster is right, everyone...we really just "don't need to go there" to sell beer.....we should be putting Bible verses, white doves, and cotton balls on our beer labels...what is this craft brew world coming to????

I hate the moral police. I try to find something I like in everyone, but they make it a challenge for me as it's my Achilles heal...

To quote Avenged Sevenfold, as its appropriate here....

"Well, where I'm from we have a special salute
We wave high in the air towards all those pompous asses
Who spend their days pointing fingers
F&$@ you!"

I question whether the OP from the BA thread is aware of how Clown Shoes' parent company (Mercury Brewing a.k.a Ipswich Brewing) is labeling their other brews....WARNING....if you are easily offend please look away and hide your children...

lIpswichAleLogo.jpg

and yet another....

lIpswichStoutLogo.jpg

oh....the horror!!!!

150_16IpswichIPA.jpg

Those are so offensive I will never buy ANY beer ever again....

I can't view beeradvocate from work, but looking at the labels on clownshoes website, I see nothing wrong with them. I'm not a frequenter of BA, but it seems the general mindset over their is hoity toity pompous snob.

I question whether the OP from the BA thread is aware of how Clown Shoes' parent company (Mercury Brewing a.k.a Ipswich Brewing) is labeling their other brews....WARNING....if you are easily offend please look away and hide your children...

lIpswichAleLogo.jpg

and yet another....

lIpswichStoutLogo.jpg

oh....the horror!!!!

150_16IpswichIPA.jpg

Those are so offensive I will never buy ANY beer ever again....

These are very offensive. These are the ships that brought slaves to our continent, made war against us and carried people to enslave the indigenous people. I shutter to think about the scores of people that were killed because of these ships and now this beer company is using it to make a profit. FOR SHAME! My great-great-grandfather died on a ship like this, *sniff*.

These are very offensive. These are the ships that brought slaves to our continent, made war against us and carried people to enslave the indigenous people. I shutter to think about the scores of people that were killed because of these ships and now this beer company is using it to make a profit. FOR SHAME! My great-great-grandfather died on a ship like this, *sniff*.

Not only this, but the ships have numerous shafts sticking out that are clearly dong's.

We had ships like that back then too. It's only offensive if you look at it that way. It's a wooden ship,& that's all it is. "It" didn't do anything. The people aboard it did the dirty work.

i dont think that post makes that person a beer snob. i think it makes them an idiot.

We had ships like that back then too. It's only offensive if you look at it that way. It's a wooden ship,& that's all it is. "It" didn't do anything. The people aboard it did the dirty work.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't use the word "dirty" as it makes me think evil thoughts...

I see where the poster on BA is coming from.

Personally, I have abstained from contributing to Clown Shoes revenue because of their sophomoric antics. Plenty of good beer around that doesn't cater to the lowest common denomenator.

Too many stupid people in society as is, no need to encourage more of them.

Personally, I have abstained from contributing to Clown Shoes revenue because of their sophomoric antics. Plenty of good beer around that doesn't cater to the lowest common denomenator.

We can agree on your last comment - although I'm guessing we'd be pointing at different people in the lineup....

Your opinion and your right to vote with your dollars on the issue. :mug:

I can't view beeradvocate from work, but looking at the labels on clownshoes website, I see nothing wrong with them. I'm not a frequenter of BA, but it seems the general mindset over their is hoity toity pompous snob.

I agree that most of the people on BA are idiots, but is this place REALLY any better? This place is the anti-intellectual counterpoint to the other beer sites on the web. If BA is the sport of polo, this place is NASCAR.

I agree that most of the people on BA are idiots, but is this place REALLY any better? This place is the anti-intellectual counterpoint to the other beer sites on the web. If BA is the sport of polo, this place is NASCAR.

NASCAR = anti-intellectual? Let's see chasing a ball around while riding horseback trying to hit it with a stick vs fast car turns left - I'll call it a draw!

So you judge books by their covers???:confused:

You know what I find the saddest thing about this BA article? The last comment where Jason locks the thread, and the comment he makes...

"Do I like the Clown Shoes branding? Not really, though I am not going to ban them from our fests or stop drinking their beer minus their latest creation ... sorry not going to order a beer called lubrication. Seems to me that Clown Shoes is getting exactly what they are looking for ... free press."

This guy runs the damn site, and he won't buy a beer based on the friggin' name. I don't mean to harp on the guy; I'm sure he does wonders for the craft beer world and is well respected, but to me this really just proves the OP's point.

Another thing that erks me about beer snobs is that they can't drink a beer that has 'floaties'. At least as they become more educated about beer (usually via homebrewing or homebrewers), they grow out of this.

I have a hard time reading anything at BA. the overall sense of entitlement there is nauseating. Maybe i'm exaggerating a little, but most of the beer reviews are the same regardless of who is tasting them.

Amazed the guy gets butt-hurt over an "insinuated robot dong" and doesn't even bother going after some of the more risque labels. Some that came to mind:

Raging_Bitch_Belgian-Style_India_Pale_Ale.jpg

Nudelogo.jpg

And a rather awesome series I found via Google:

2389487269d2c77e335o.jpg

The poster is right, everyone...we really just "don't need to go there" to sell beer.....we should be putting Bible verses, white doves, and cotton balls on our beer labels...what is this craft brew world coming to????

On a somewhat related note my buddy is making up a label for me. My brewing company (I use the term loosely since I don't have any licenses and don't make money from this) is called Bad Christian Brewing. I've got names like Eternal Darkness (Imperial Stout), Hellfire And Brimstone (Chile Pale Ale), Irish Catholic Red (Irish Red), Black And Blue Congregation (Blueberry Chocolate Stout), etc.

The logo he's working on is a Priest getting smacked in the face with a newspaper. Do you think that logo might offend the author of the linked article?

This is why I only drink beer brewed by trappist monks who have taken vows of poverty, silence and celibacy, and flog themselves daily.

Back