KegCowboy kettle valve, DIY drain tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleJoe

Reaction score
Picking up a keg this weekend to make a boil kettle. Looking around at drain valves, they seem reasonable priced but saw the drain tube at bargainfittings and for $13 I'm thinking I can DIY for a lot less.

Will a compression fitting work with the standard fitting on the bulkhead fitting? What pieces would be needed to do this?

Picking up a keg this weekend to make a boil kettle. Looking around at drain valves, they seem reasonable priced but saw the drain tube at bargainfittings and for $13 I'm thinking I can DIY for a lot less.

Will a compression fitting work with the standard fitting on the bulkhead fitting? What pieces would be needed to do this?

I assume this is what you were talking about. It looks as though he used a standard 1/2" copper sweat to NTP fitting (About $0.80 at the hardware store) and a few inches of 1/2" soft copper (less than a buck) and put the two together. The fitting on the tube will work fine with any 1/2" bulkhead weldless set up you can get. You can build these things for a lot less than $13 bucks (plus shipping)...

If you don't know how to sweat copper, there are many here who can help get you started... also.... there IS youtube... good luck!

awesome, thanks. I usually just need help with the name of what I'm looking for and then can figure it out from there ;)

Back